Hue Lights discussion

Posted on
Sun Nov 12, 2017 1:23 pm
forestfield offline

Re: Hue Lights discussion

Well that's strange - I reloaded the huePlugin and didn't see a temp. slider.

I've just had to force a reboot on my Indigo server - it's headless and the screen sharing wouldn't respond - and now I get the temp/white sliders. Look good; and my white/warm button on hue control pages also works.

Have also discovered 'hue groups'. Nice.

On a related note - has anyone any experience of using the living colour remotes with the hue hub/indigo? I've got a bunch of the round ones that came with some blooms; and I wondering if they could be useful

-- Paul --

Posted on
Mon Nov 13, 2017 9:20 am
jenkins007 offline

I love the Hue lights and the ability to control them with Indigo. Thanks! I am using 7.1.1 Indigo and the hue lights plug in 1.6.8.

I am getting a couple of errors though.
ov 13, 2017 at 9:14:45 AM
Hue Lights Error Error in plugin execution runConcurrentThread:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "plugin.py", line 307, in runConcurrentThread
File "plugin.py", line 6157, in parseAllHueSensorsData
StandardError: ServerCommunicationError -- timeout waiting for response

Hue Lights Error plugin runConcurrentThread function returned or failed (will attempt again in 10 seconds)

And the other is when I am trying to make a control page to recall a scene:
Hue Lights Error Error in plugin execution ExecuteAction:

File "plugin.py", line 9379, in recallScene
UnicodeEncodeError: 'ascii' codec can't encode character u'\u2019' in position 112: ordinal not in range(128)

Here is a screen shot of the recall scene:
Attachments
Screen Shot 2017-11-11 at 7.43.33 AM.png
Screen Shot 2017-11-11 at 7.43.33 AM.png (25.49 KiB) Viewed 3670 times

Thanks,
Matthew

Posted on
Thu Nov 16, 2017 1:07 am
nsheldon offline

Version 1.6.9 Posted

• Fixed various Unicode decoding issues that could cause the plugin to crash if Hue hub scenes or other objects contained non-ASCII characters.
  • Added support for the Innr RS-128T GU10 color temperature lights.

Posted on
Mon Nov 20, 2017 1:38 am
nsheldon offline

Version 1.6.10 Posted

• Added support for all the latest Philips Hue light models listed in Hue API.

Posted on
Sun Nov 26, 2017 12:34 pm
bbruck offline

Running latest plugin. Scenes using presets seem to be working, but i see this in the log

Hue Lights Error Error in plugin execution ExecuteAction:

File "plugin.py", line 9303, in recallPreset
File "plugin.py", line 7042, in doHSB
File "/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 7/Plugins/Hue Lights 3.indigoPlugin/Contents/Server Plugin/requests/models.py", line 721, in content
File "/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 7/Plugins/Hue Lights 3.indigoPlugin/Contents/Server Plugin/requests/packages/urllib3/response.py", line 142, in read
File "/System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.7/lib/python2.7/httplib.py", line 593, in read
File "/System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.7/lib/python2.7/socket.py", line 355, in read
timeout: timed out

Hue Lights Error Unable to obtain list of Hue groups from the hub.timed out

Posted on
Sun Nov 26, 2017 2:04 pm
nsheldon offline

Hi.

Thanks for the report. The last line of the error trace provides a clue about what’s going on. It ends with “timeout: timed out.” So the Hue hub is intermittently reachable or it isn’t responding to group information requests from the plugin. It’s also possible the plugin is not sending a command the hub understands for groups for some reason.

Let’s try these steps.

1. Restart the Hue hub by unplugging the power to it for about 10 seconds then plugging power back in.
  2. If that doesn’t resolve the error, make sure your Hue app on your iOS device or Android device is up to date (check the respective App Store to be sure). Then open the Hue app and make sure it’s connected to you’re Hue hub. If it prompts you to update the hub, update it so it’s using the latest firmware. Older firmware may not work right with the Hue Lights plugin.
  3. If that doesn’t work, restart the computer on which Indigo server and the Hue Lights plugin is installed.
  4. If that doesn’t work, enable debug logging in the Hue Lights plugin (Plugins menu -> Hue Lights -> Toggle Debug Logging) and provide at least 50 lines of logs before and after the rror in your reply to me. I’ll see if I can find any other clues in the debug logs. Be sure you do items 1, 2 and 3 first though.

Posted on
Sun Nov 26, 2017 3:44 pm
bbruck offline

Brilliant! #1 seems to have fixed it. If I start getting the errors again, I'll try #2 and #3. Many thanks!

Posted on
Sun Nov 26, 2017 4:25 pm
nsheldon offline

Excellent! Glad that helped.

Posted on
Thu Nov 30, 2017 4:14 pm
bsp9493 offline

Hi...

Awesome Plug in...

Have a newbie question

Trying lots of different things right now as I am still learning

I think I figured it out for now, but here's the scenario...

I have added the following devices
- the hue lights as (color Ambient)
- the hue device attribute controller (using the same bulb controlling the

I plan to use a floorplan of my house as a landing page for indigo touch. I have created a few control file pages to jump to specific device actions in those cases where I want more functionality.

Nice idea that I don't need to do this with the hue plug in.
The idea, would be to put a dimmable lightbulb in my living room. When I select it, the light would go on/off, via a server control, and then pop up the default "Popup UI Controls" for the hue bulb or controller (or a Control Page) and turn it on and off - that's easy.

With hue though, I would like that PopUp UI that is displayed via indigo touch to control not only the on off, but also the actual color of the bulb. Maybe I'm missing something, but Is there any way for the default Popup UI to display in a similar fashion to what I see displayed in the Devices tab when I select the specific bulb? Currently I only get a simplified version of that, similar to what is shown with the

In the interim, I have set up an action group to toggle the on/off status of the bulb and the hue status of the controller. This allows me to select a color based on the slider position, but I then i lose the ability to control the brightness.

Am I missing something?

Thank in advance for your advice.

dave

Posted on
Fri Dec 01, 2017 1:38 am
nsheldon offline

Hi Dave.

I'm glad you're liking the Hue Lights plugin.

Nope. You're not missing anything. The Popup UI in Indigo Touch doesn't yet support color selection options and the Indigo Touch UI can't be modified by any plugin or Indigo server configuration. It has to be modified by the Indigo Domotics guys to support color options. This is one of the main reasons I included Hue Attribute Controller devices in the Hue Lights plugin. In the Indigo Touch app, it's the only way to get a sliding controller that controls anything other than brightness.

Posted on
Fri Dec 01, 2017 9:03 am
bsp9493 offline

Thanx for the update! Thought i was going crazy:).

Hopefully that is something they can add to the wishlist for Indigo Touch.

Posted on
Fri Dec 01, 2017 10:18 am
akimball offline

Poor-man’s work around solution is to use the plugin’s presets which store both brightness and color information. I’ve made use of these in conjuction with varible based state machines to control 16 hue settings which I call OFF, DIM, MEDIUM, HIGH (normal light color controls), RED, GREEN, BLUE, PINK, ORANGE, ICE, COLORLOOP, CYAN, AQUA, SKY, YELLOW, VIOLET, and SYNCLOOP. COLORLOOP and SYNCLOOP are variations of hue’s built in effect colorloop, but syncloop starts all the lights sync’d in color while I use colorloop in groups of 2 lights or more, say ‘n’ number of lights, starting with the color phases out of sync with each other by n degrees. I then can assign each of these states to a separate button in Indigo Touch. Example:
IMG_0264.jpg
IMG_0264.jpg (27.67 KiB) Viewed 3390 times

Also, these 16 colors can be mapped on and acted upon by an insteon KeyPadLinc in 8 button mode using click and double-click controls.
Last edited by akimball on Fri Dec 01, 2017 10:55 am, edited 3 times in total.

-Al

Posted on
Fri Dec 01, 2017 10:25 am
akimball offline

Due to vast color differences in hue lights, especially between gen 1, gen 2, and gen 3, I would love it if the total number of presets could be expanded to at least 50 or 100 settings. Green on a gen 1 is not green on a gen 3...and this doesn’t cover the colors which the light strips can display.... so 100 presets. Then I could index the device type when accessing a preset for a given color to get the most accurate overall effect.

-Al

Posted on
Mon Dec 04, 2017 1:02 pm
nsheldon offline

Thanks for the suggestion. I'll consider adding more preset memories in a future update. I don't want to have too many presets because it'll make the preset selection menu too long and cumbersome to scroll through, but I can see where there might be a need for more than 30 in a large installation.

Posted on
Mon Dec 04, 2017 1:33 pm
akimball offline

It’s great to see someone worrying about the length of scroll menu’s. My Indigo installation has grown to monsteous sizes and it became really cumbersome to select devices/triggers/ect. from their scroll menu’s...>... until I accidentally discovered that if I type a couple of keystrokes while holding down the scroll list it jumps right to or near the item I’m searching for. Perhaps you could make use of a similar technique? Thanks for considering the request.

-Al

Page 55 of 103 1 ... 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58 ... 103