Hue Lights discussion

Posted on
Wed Jul 19, 2017 11:03 pm
nsheldon offline

Re: Hue Lights discussion

Version 1.6.3 Posted

• Fixed a bug that caused the plugin to crash if a Hue Group had no brightness value.

Posted on
Tue Aug 01, 2017 8:15 am
Busta999 offline

Anyone got a grip on the Hue Motion Detectors Luminance Readings yet?

It is reading as Lux but I doubt it.

It seems like a range between 0 and 25, 0 being no light and 25 sunshine.

Is that everyone else's interpretation ?

Posted on
Tue Aug 01, 2017 9:27 pm
nsheldon offline

Hmmm.... You're right. Something's wrong. I think I made a mistake in calculating lux values from the raw light level values. I'll fix that real quick and post an update to the plugin.

Busta999 wrote:
Anyone got a grip on the Hue Motion Detectors Luminance Readings yet?

It is reading as Lux but I doubt it.

It seems like a range between 0 and 25, 0 being no light and 25 sunshine.

Is that everyone else's interpretation ?

Posted on
Tue Aug 01, 2017 10:07 pm
nsheldon offline

Version 1.6.4 Posted

• Fixed incorrect Hue Motion Sensor light level calculations. The correct lux value is now shown for the light sensor on the Hue Motion Sensor.

Posted on
Wed Aug 02, 2017 1:58 am
Busta999 offline

Excellent , I’ll install and try it. Thanks

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Posted on
Fri Aug 04, 2017 2:03 am
marketability offline

Hi Nathan
Is there a way to detect a tap button press or the current scene active on the hub?
I'm trying to get indigo to be aware of the status of the lights when they are controlled outside of indigo
speed of update isn't critical

Thanks (again) for any help!

Posted on
Fri Aug 04, 2017 2:27 am
Busta999 offline

I am pretty sure that Philips don’t expose states of switches to the API, apart from the motion detector.

You could put a trigger on a Hue Light and detect when it has been turned on or off?

Posted on
Fri Aug 04, 2017 9:01 am
marketability offline

Thanks - I want to distinguish between lights being turned off by indigo and being turned off by a Tap/App

thinking about it that way... maybe I can use a variable....hmmm

Posted on
Sat Aug 05, 2017 1:04 am
nsheldon offline

Hi.

The Hue Lights plugin automatically detects any changes to all lights after they've been changed outside of Indigo and updates the light status in Indigo with the new settings. Detecting this change isn't instantaneous, of course, because 1) the Hue hub's own internal status for each light doesn't get updated immediately, and 2) the Hue Lights plugin only asks the hub about recent changes every 10 seconds.

The Philips Hue API does expose Hue Tap and Hue Wireless Dimmer Switch states, but the API documentation isn't clear as to how often that state information is updated on the hub, nor is there any mechanism for pushing notifications of switch events to any application using the Hue API (such as the Hue Lights plugin), so switch status updates could be slow and/or unreliable. I don't have any switches to test this with though, so I can't say for sure.

What are your goals in detecting changes to Hue lights outside of Indigo? Perhaps there are other ways around solving what you're trying to do.

Posted on
Sat Aug 05, 2017 10:25 am
marketability offline

I have a script that stores the active scene
indigo actions recall the setting when using indigo as a control
I wanted to set that same variable when the scene is set by the hue app or a switch
Cheers

nsheldon wrote:
Hi.

The Hue Lights plugin automatically detects any changes to all lights after they've been changed outside of Indigo and updates the light status in Indigo with the new settings. Detecting this change isn't instantaneous, of course, because 1) the Hue hub's own internal status for each light doesn't get updated immediately, and 2) the Hue Lights plugin only asks the hub about recent changes every 10 seconds.

The Philips Hue API does expose Hue Tap and Hue Wireless Dimmer Switch states, but the API documentation isn't clear as to how often that state information is updated on the hub, nor is there any mechanism for pushing notifications of switch events to any application using the Hue API (such as the Hue Lights plugin), so switch status updates could be slow and/or unreliable. I don't have any switches to test this with though, so I can't say for sure.

What are your goals in detecting changes to Hue lights outside of Indigo? Perhaps there are other ways around solving what you're trying to do.

Posted on
Sat Aug 05, 2017 7:30 pm
nsheldon offline

I think I understand. So, when you change the lights in a room with Hue lights in it, either using the Hue app or a switch, you want Indigo to recognize the change and save the changes for recall later, right?

I don't know the specifics of how you have it set up now or exactly how you want it to work, but maybe this will help you build the action you're looking for.

Create a Hue Group device in Indigo for each room (note that there's a limit of 15 groups on the Hue hub). The Hue app automatically creates groups on the hub, by the way, if you set up rooms within the Hue app. Then create a Device State Change for each Hue Group device's "Red Level" that "Has Any Change". I suggest the "Red Level" because it (along with the Blue Level ) is the most likely to change whenever any light setting changes, such as hue, saturation, brightness and color temperature. Because the Hue hub seems to update Hue group states based on the most recent change to any of the group member lights, any change to any light in the group will be reflected in the Hue Group device, which can then trigger your script to save the scene for that room. Note that there is up to a 20 second delay between when a light in a group is changed and when the Hue Group status changes in Indigo. But this delay may actually be desirable in your case to avoid overly frequent script executions.

Posted on
Sun Aug 06, 2017 2:10 am
marketability offline

Thanks - will give that a go and let you know how I get on

Posted on
Sun Aug 06, 2017 3:09 am
marketability offline

Thanks! got it working ok
had to track the BLUE state for a specific bulb as RED and a Group was a bit erratic
much appreciated as ever

Posted on
Sun Aug 06, 2017 3:40 am
nsheldon offline

Great! I'm glad you were able to get it working.

Posted on
Thu Aug 10, 2017 1:56 am
yassi offline

I would like to buy some cheaper bulbs for my Hue.
Did one tried other than Philips and Osram?
Will they work and if yes, what to select in the plugin (which type of bulbs)?

Here's a link to one in the German Amazon store:
https://www.amazon.de/dimmbare-Retrofit ... s=innr+e27

Thx,
Yassi

Page 51 of 103 1 ... 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54 ... 103