Hue Lights discussion

Posted on
Wed Apr 12, 2017 9:23 pm
nsheldon offline

Re: Hue Lights discussion

Hi john.

Thanks for the report. The link you provided doesn't tell me what the model ID is. Look in the Hue app on your smartphone and view the details of the new Lights. The model ID will be listed in the light bulb info. Once I have that, I can add support.

Posted on
Thu Apr 13, 2017 1:51 am
nsheldon offline

Version 1.5.3 Posted

• Added support for the Hue color cancle and ambiance candle E14 bulbs.

Posted on
Thu Apr 13, 2017 6:33 am
McJohn offline

Hi Nathan,

Thank you so much for the very quick update!
The candles are burning beautiful now!

Kind regards,

John

Posted on
Tue Apr 18, 2017 3:33 am
Busta999 offline

I keep getting 'disconnected' status for hue bulbs in Indigo 7

This is not a plugin issue it is a Hue issue.

Even though Hue is reporting disconnected the Hue Bulb continues to operate correctly, responding to every command. Bizarrely even though both Indigo 7 and the Hue iOS App report disconnected they both report the current status - on off, colour/brightness correctly.

The bulbs that go disconnected are unrelated to their proximity to the hub or other hue bulbs.

It has only started happening recently, I suspect following a Hue Hub firmware update.

Does anyone else see this?

Posted on
Tue Apr 18, 2017 3:46 am
marketability offline

Me too - pretty certain it is range and/or quantity of devices related, i.e. I have a couple of rooms that usually show some form of "disconnected" status
In my experience, Hue taps or the Hue app are more often than not able to reach the bulbs and control them successfully
Indigo/Plugin do periodically fail to reach these bulbs when the Hue accessories / app succeed

Keep meaning to deploy a second hub to see if that improves things

Busta999 wrote:

Even though Hue is reporting disconnected the Hue Bulb continues to operate correctly, responding to every command. Bizarrely even though both Indigo 7 and the Hue iOS App report disconnected they both report the current status - on off, colour/brightness correctly.

The bulbs that go disconnected are unrelated to their proximity to the hub or other hue bulbs.

It has only started happening recently, I suspect following a Hue Hub firmware update.

Posted on
Tue Apr 18, 2017 5:33 am
Busta999 offline

marketability wrote:
Me too - pretty certain it is range and/or quantity of devices related, i.e. I have a couple of rooms that usually show some form of "disconnected" status
In my experience, Hue taps or the Hue app are more often than not able to reach the bulbs and control them successfully
Indigo/Plugin do periodically fail to reach these bulbs when the Hue accessories / app succeed

Keep meaning to deploy a second hub to see if that improves things

Busta999 wrote:

Actually that has given me an idea......

I have about 30 Hue lights and 10 odd motion detectors/variety of Hue Switches.

Given that I use Amazon Echoes around the house to control Indigo/Hue so I don't need the HomeKit compatibility on the newer Hub, so could just add my old Hub back and split the Hue elements.

I'll dig it out and start separating out Hue lights and see if that improves things. I'll probably just use the old Hub for the Lounge where I have 10 Hue bulbs.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Posted on
Wed Apr 19, 2017 7:19 am
Busta999 offline

Any chance you could add it so the temperature sensors in the Hue Motion Detectors can be accessed in Indigo. See iConnectHue iOS App - that is retrieving Temperature and battery level through the Hue hub of the motion detectors. If nothing else it frees up another temp sensor in the room.

Posted on
Fri Apr 21, 2017 2:46 am
nsheldon offline

Hi.

Thanks for the suggestion. I won't be able to add sensor support at this time. I don't have any sensors to test with and can't justify spending money to buy test units for a plugin that doesn't generate any revenue. I could write code solely based on the Hue API, but there are lots of different options for sensors and the reliability of the plugin would be far below an acceptable level.

If you're willing to donate a sensor, I could add support for temperature and battery. Motion support would be unreliably slow though. Only really useful for security alters, not motion activating lights. This is due to limitations of the Hue hub. It doesn't push notifications to external applications like the Hue Lights plugin when sensor states change, so each application has to constantly ask the hub about the status of every sensor. This is like hitting the Refresh button on your web browser over and over again to see if something changed. If you do it too fast, the hub stops responding.

Posted on
Sun Apr 23, 2017 2:36 am
Busta999 offline

nsheldon wrote:
Hi.

Thanks for the suggestion. I won't be able to add sensor support at this time. I don't have any sensors to test with and can't justify spending money to buy test units for a plugin that doesn't generate any revenue. I could write code solely based on the Hue API, but there are lots of different options for sensors and the reliability of the plugin would be far below an acceptable level.

If you're willing to donate a sensor, I could add support for temperature and battery. Motion support would be unreliably slow though. Only really useful for security alters, not motion activating lights. This is due to limitations of the Hue hub. It doesn't push notifications to external applications like the Hue Lights plugin when sensor states change, so each application has to constantly ask the hub about the status of every sensor. This is like hitting the Refresh button on your web browser over and over again to see if something changed. If you do it too fast, the hub stops responding.

That makes sense, if we can capture temperature and battery levels every ten minutes that would be great.

I am more than prepared to donate a sensor to you for this.

I'll PM you and get your address and get a delivery arranged from Amazon :-)

Really appreciate your work on the Hue Plugin

Mike

Posted on
Sun Apr 23, 2017 5:09 am
marketability offline

+1

Really appreciate your work on the Hue Plugin

Posted on
Sun Apr 23, 2017 11:23 am
nsheldon offline

Hi guys. Thanks.

Mike, I received your private message. Thanks for the generous motion sensor donation. Once I receive it I'll start working on getting the Hue Lights plugin to recognize it.

Posted on
Wed May 10, 2017 3:39 pm
Chockymonster offline

Am I going about this the wrong way? (using latest plug in for 7)

I have a Hue Group that I want to recall a preset to.
The action is fired by a z-wave scene controller button press which is set to "recall hue device settings from preset 2" The device is set to the hue group.
But when ever the action is fired I get this in the indigo log:

"Hue Lights Error No Hue device ID selected for "Main Bed". Check settings and select a Hue device to control."

If I edit the settings of that group I can see the lights, ramp rate etc, it just doesn't work to recall a preset.

Posted on
Wed May 10, 2017 10:20 pm
nsheldon offline

Hi Thanks for the report.

Yes, I can reproduce the error as well. This may be a programming oversight on my part as I seem to remember there being problems applying Presets to Hue Groups and intending to exclude Hue Group devices from the list of available devices that can be used as destinations for recalling Presets. I'll need to double-check that though.

Posted on
Thu May 18, 2017 2:56 am
nsheldon offline

Public Beta 1.6.0 Test Request

Hello everyone. I'm releasing a public beta version of the Hue Lights plugin (version 1.6.0 beta 2) for anyone who'd like to volunteer to test it out before the final version is released. Here are the changes from the current release version 1.5.3.

Download Hue Lights 1.6.0b2.zip

• Added support for the Hue Motion Sensor, including the motion, temperature and luminance sensors that are part of the Hue Motion Sensor. NOTE: the following caveats with the motion sensor.
    • Motion detection works, but is delayed by 2 seconds or more (depending on how many other devices you have connected to your Hue hub).
    • Motion detection activity can be somewhat "chatty", at least in my tests, possibly causing more log activity than you're used to. The Hue Motion Sensor changes to the "off" state within a few seconds of when motion stops in the room, so it's not like INSTEON or Z-Wave sensors that have a long delay before sending the "off" message after motion stops.
  • Fixed a bug that caused repeated errors and high CPU load if a Hue Lights device was duplicated in the Indigo UI then the model was changed to a different type of Hue Lights device.
  • Greatly improved the rewritten device update timing from (private beta version) 1.6.0b1 so all device types are updated on a more consistent basis.
  • Improved device update efficiency so that states that haven’t changed are repeatedly updated.
  • Rewrote device update timing to better support sensor devices.
  • Rewrote status update methods for all Hue devices to improve code readability and efficiency.
  • Fixed a bug that allowed you to pick a Hue Group as a Recall Preset destination then return an error when attempting to execute the Recall Preset action. The Recall Preset action does not currently support Hue Groups as a destination device.
  • Fixed a bug in the update check function that would incorrectly notify of updates for older versions if the installed version was a pre-release beta.

Posted on
Fri May 26, 2017 3:22 am
nsheldon offline

Version 1.6.0 Posted

• Added support for the Hue Motion Sensor, including the motion, temperature and luminance sensors that are part of the Hue Motion Sensor. NOTE: the following caveats with the motion sensor.
    • Motion detection works, but is delayed by 2 seconds or more (depending on how many other devices you have connected to your Hue hub).
    • Motion detection activity can be somewhat "chatty", at least in my tests, possibly causing more log activity than you're used to. The Hue Motion Sensor changes to the "off" state within a few seconds of when motion stops in the room, so it's not like INSTEON or Z-Wave sensors that have a long delay before sending the "off" message after motion stops.
  • Improved device update efficiency so that states that haven’t changed aren't repeatedly updated.
  • Reworked device update timing to better support sensor devices.
  • Fixed a bug that allowed you to pick a Hue Group as a Recall Preset destination then return an error when attempting to execute the Recall Preset action. The Recall Preset action does not currently support Hue Groups as a destination device.
  • Fixed a bug in the update check function that would incorrectly notify of updates for older versions if the installed version was a pre-release beta.

Page 48 of 103 1 ... 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51 ... 103