Hue Lights discussion

Posted on
Sat Dec 03, 2016 7:11 am
marketability offline

Re: Hue Lights discussion

Hi Nathan
Have edited the supporteddevices.py but just FYI - I have a new Hue type "Hue Ambiance Ceiling" with a model code of "LTC003"
Cheers

Posted on
Sat Dec 03, 2016 5:56 pm
nsheldon offline

@evansgo: Excellent! I'm glad you were able to get it working. And thanks for the heads-up on the new model ID. I'll add the HML005 model in the Ambiance device list in the next update.

@marketability: Thanks for the heads-up as well. However, are you sure the model ID is "LTC003" and not "LTW003"? I suspect it might be LTW003, though that model ID isn't yet listed in the Hue API documentation for compatible devices.

Posted on
Sun Dec 04, 2016 1:42 am
marketability offline

Hi Nathan - The Hue app and product packaging def say its an LTC003 - I think its pretty new and came direct from Philips (late)
Its an odd product in that it has a white/ambiance only hue light strip on the inside

Posted on
Sun Dec 04, 2016 12:07 pm
nsheldon offline

Thanks. Would you mind briefly enabling debug logging and attaching an excerpt of the result just so I can be sure before releasing a new plugin version? Much appreciated.

Posted on
Sun Dec 04, 2016 1:01 pm
marketability offline

Here you go Nathan...
Attachments
hue debug marketability 20161204.txt
(505.82 KiB) Downloaded 146 times

Posted on
Sun Dec 04, 2016 1:59 pm
nsheldon offline

Excellent! Thank you.

Indeed, the raw response from the Hue hub shows the model ID to be "LTC003". I'll post the Hue Lights plugin update right away.

Posted on
Sun Dec 04, 2016 1:59 pm
nsheldon offline

Version 1.4.7 Posted

• Added all Hue Beyond, Entity, Impulse, and Phoenix lights to the appropriate compatable device lists.
  • Added a new Ambiance Ceiling model to the compatible device list.
  • Moved some Hue Phoenix models out of the LivingWhites and into the Ambiance compatible device list. This will require you to re-define or delete and re-create the Phoenix device in Indigo.

Posted on
Mon Dec 05, 2016 12:06 am
marketability offline

Thanks!

Posted on
Thu Dec 08, 2016 12:37 am
Dave Durham offline

nsheldon wrote:
Thanks for the report. Deleting and recreating the device in Indigo should fix the error. If not, let me know.

Nathan,
First and foremost, thank you for the plugin. I use it extensively!

I've recently gone to Indigo 7 and your new 1.4.7 plug in and now I too am constantly getting the following error:

Hue Lights Error Error in plugin execution runConcurrentThread:
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "plugin.py", line 376, in runConcurrentThreda
File "plugin.py", line 3042, in parseHueLightsData
KeyError: 'state'

That same text block repeats every 15 seconds or so. I saw your previous comment about Delete and re add the device. Unfortunately I have hundreds of triggers, schedules, action groups and control page dependencies based on my 33 lights. Indigo warns that if I delete the device I also delete the related dependent items. That could literally mean thousands of lines of code to be reentered. Is this the only way to proceed?

Thanks in advance,
-d

Posted on
Fri Dec 09, 2016 5:14 am
evansgo offline

There is something not quite right about the ambience settings. It appears to take a couple of goes before the White temp controls setting come up. I think that when I add an ambiance light the temp part of the controls don't show up until I remove it and then re-add it, I'll have another go shortly and see if I can recreate it, but I'm pretty sure that is what's happening

Posted on
Fri Dec 09, 2016 5:16 am
evansgo offline

Have you tried reloading all bulbs, then editing each one by changing the model to a different type then back to the correct one. I THINK that that would solve the problem....

Dave Durham wrote:
nsheldon wrote:
Thanks for the report. Deleting and recreating the device in Indigo should fix the error. If not, let me know.

Nathan,
First and foremost, thank you for the plugin. I use it extensively!

I've recently gone to Indigo 7 and your new 1.4.7 plug in and now I too am constantly getting the following error:

Hue Lights Error Error in plugin execution runConcurrentThread:
File "plugin.py", line 376, in runConcurrentThreda
File "plugin.py", line 3042, in parseHueLightsData
KeyError: 'state'

That same text block repeats every 15 seconds or so. I saw your previous comment about Delete and re add the device. Unfortunately I have hundreds of triggers, schedules, action groups and control page dependencies based on my 33 lights. Indigo warns that if I delete the device I also delete the related dependent items. That could literally mean thousands of lines of code to be reentered. Is this the only way to proceed?

Thanks in advance,
-d

Posted on
Fri Dec 09, 2016 8:48 am
Different Computers offline

Apparently this error is due to some config parameter in some trigger/action group/whatever being blank.
Code: Select all
Dec 9, 2016, 9:36:21 AM
   Hue Lights Error                Error in plugin execution UiAction:

File "plugin.py", line 952, in hsbColorFieldUpdated
  File "plugin.py", line 860, in calcRgbHexValsFromHsbLevels
ValueError: invalid literal for int() with base 10: ''

Hue Lights Error                Error in plugin execution UiAction:

File "plugin.py", line 952, in hsbColorFieldUpdated
  File "plugin.py", line 860, in calcRgbHexValsFromHsbLevels
ValueError: invalid literal for int() with base 10: ''

Dec 9, 2016, 9:36:56 AM
but as you see, there's nothing in the log to give me an idea of what thing has the blank parameter. Any ideas on finding it without going through every single trigger and group that has a Hue light in it?

SmartThings refugee, so happy to be on Indigo. Monterey on a base M1 Mini w/Harmony Hub, Hue, DomoPad, Dynamic URL, Device Extensions, HomeKitLink, Grafana, Plex, uniFAP, Fantastic Weather, Nanoleaf, LED Simple Effects, Bond Home, Camect.

Posted on
Fri Dec 09, 2016 10:11 am
nsheldon offline

Hi guys.

I need debug logs please. Please enable debug logging in the Plugins -> Hue Lights menu and share the log in your reply.

Thanks.

Posted on
Sat Dec 10, 2016 5:09 am
evansgo offline

Will sort a log out later. In the interim if I add a new ambience bulb it shows up as a standard bulb. But if I them reload the plugin I get the message "The "BBQ" Ambiance light device is from old an Hue Lights version. It's properties have been updated" and then its perfect :)

Posted on
Sat Dec 10, 2016 10:09 am
Different Computers offline

Should I post an entire log for some amount of time? It gets pretty large pretty fast and much of it is very repetitive.

SmartThings refugee, so happy to be on Indigo. Monterey on a base M1 Mini w/Harmony Hub, Hue, DomoPad, Dynamic URL, Device Extensions, HomeKitLink, Grafana, Plex, uniFAP, Fantastic Weather, Nanoleaf, LED Simple Effects, Bond Home, Camect.

Page 45 of 103 1 ... 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48 ... 103