Velux Windows and Indigo

Posted on
Wed May 07, 2014 8:58 am
AndyVirus offline

Re: Velux Windows and Indigo

Excellent, thanks! I have created the mirror devices and set the action as the script with the correct ID. Will give it a go this weekend when i get back home.
Thanks!

Posted on
Wed Jul 30, 2014 8:06 am
AndyVirus offline

Just found this thread again as i was searching for sun tracking tips and remembered i never came back to close this thread off.

The mirror device and the script works perfectly and has don for months. About to buy some more blinds now as this is so stable and reliable.

Thanks again!

Posted on
Mon Aug 18, 2014 12:23 am
AndyVirus offline

OK So i have purchased 2 more of the blinds and wired the remotes up to the EasyDaq relay board. All still works perfectly.

i have 1 question though about the EasyDaq integration/board though: If i try to control 2 relays simultaneously (2 blinds in this case), only 1 of the blinds actually responds. If i set a delay of 1 or 2 seconds between triggering the 2nd blind then they both respond just fine.

Is this a limitation of the board (USB powered only) or should I be able to controls unto 8 relays at once on USB power alone as it says on the easydaq website? If the latter, does anyone have any idea why indigo is not controlling the other relays at the same time as the 1st when i ask it to? Its not a big deal but would be good to know.

Posted on
Mon Aug 18, 2014 8:36 am
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

It should work. I can command the relays on my EasyDAQ back-to-back without adding additional delays. There is a tiny (fraction of a second) delay between the relays changing, but it is really fast.

What does your Event Log show in both the failure case and the working case (with added delays)?

Posted on
Mon Aug 18, 2014 8:40 am
AndyVirus offline

I did not notice any errors other than the trigger executing. I will do some more testing tonight and see what i can see. I have to admit i only tried a few times then added the delay between each action to make it work. Now i know it should be able to handle many actions at once, i will give it another go.

Thanks! Ill let you know what i find.