Can no longer log in from client

Posted on
Mon May 14, 2012 1:59 am
flitedocnm offline

Can no longer log in from client

When I upgraded to Indigo 5, I activated password protection. I had no trouble at all logging in from client computers connected remotely to the server.

But now (several months later), I am using a computer that I hadn't used in some time. After installing the Indigo 5 client, I tried to connect. I've tried every possible combination of username and password that I ever use, and none of them work. So, I looked for a way of retrieving my correct username and password, or to do a password change, and I can't find that anywhere. I'm sure there must be a way of putting in my e-mail address and getting a password change link, but I'm not finding it. But I'm not even sure of what I used for my username. Nothing is working. (On my other devices, including the server, I have no trouble logging in. The server is working fine. But my usual MacBook Pro is having hard drive problems, so I can't presently access my Keychain app on that -- isn't there another way of retrieving my username and password??)

Thanks,
Steve

Posted on
Mon May 14, 2012 9:25 am
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

Re: Can no longer log in from client

Hi Steve,

The username and password for connecting to Indigo are specified in the Start Local Server dialog, so choose the Indigo 5->Start Local Server menu item from your main Mac running the Indigo Server and you can enter whatever username and password you would like.

Posted on
Mon May 14, 2012 9:53 pm
flitedocnm offline

Thanks, Matt! That was easy :-)

Worked perfectly, of course.

Steve

Posted on
Wed Oct 21, 2015 10:00 pm
btassias offline

after moving Indigo to another mac mini i can no longer connect to the server from my laptop which was working fine with the client before moving from one machine to another. So i then
put the client on another macbook air my father has and everything works well, So i assume the indigo server on the new mac is working correct , but when i try to start the client on my
laptop i get this error?
Attachments
Screen Shot 2015-10-21 at 11.44.40 PM.png
Screen Shot 2015-10-21 at 11.44.40 PM.png (69.05 KiB) Viewed 6292 times

Posted on
Thu Oct 22, 2015 8:06 am
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

Re-run the Indigo installer on whichever Macs are having the problem and it should fix the permissions problem. If it doesn't then it is a file/folder owner issue which you will need to fix manually in the Finder (we can provide guidance on this if that is the problem).

Page 1 of 1