[ANSWERED]: Scene involving two buttons on a single KPL

Posted on
Tue Dec 06, 2011 8:26 pm
will1305 offline

[ANSWERED]: Scene involving two buttons on a single KPL

I'm trying to define a scene in Indigo which involves multiple buttons on a single KPL. For example issuing a "scene on" command results in button 4 and 5's LEDs turning on. Indigo seems to insist that whenever I add the second button on the same KPL to the scene it deletes the first resulting in only one button remaining. Am I doing something wrong or is there some architectural limitation which causes this. I have tried this on two different KPLs and see the same behavior. Running the latest version of Indigo V5. Any advice?

Posted on
Tue Dec 06, 2011 8:33 pm
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

Re: Scene involving two buttons on a single KPL

That is a limitation in Indigo. You can just create a separate group for each button then execute those as separate actions on your trigger.

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Posted on
Sat Aug 02, 2014 1:14 pm
ArthurD123 offline

Is there any chance that this will get fixed, or perhaps if you could point me towards documentation that might detail what the raw commands needed would look like?

It'd be really nice to not require a Trigger to do the simpler 'scenes' that should trigger local KPL buttons and the delay (admittedly somewhat short, in most cases) would be eliminated as well. The other big benefit is that it'd continue to work even if the Mac was offline, though not a concern in my setup, the lower complexity of not involving Indigo triggers for this scenario would be well worth it IMO...

Anyways, just wondering!

Posted on
Sun Aug 03, 2014 10:43 am
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

I'm not sure there is a good way to work around this one. It is much more involved than just sending the correct commands because it involves INSTEON links.

If you are linking between something that isn't the PowerLinc and a KeypadLinc, then you can manually (not using Indigo) create the links which should work. Indigo might delete one of the links if you re-sync the KPL, so using Indigo to manage links to that module won't be possible after you manually add the links. That is if you re-sync the KPL in Indigo then you'll have to re-do the manual links you added.

If you are trying to use the PowerLinc to send the commands to the KPL then it isn't going to be possible.

Fixing this is on our feature request list. But we do not have an ETA — it is a long list and we have lots of high priority items. The Indigo Touch update being the top one right now.

Page 1 of 1