How to set up walkway lights/doorbell motion detection?

Posted on
Sat May 29, 2004 7:55 am
Gern offline

How to set up walkway lights/doorbell motion detection?

I was thinking about getting Indigo for my house. I downloaded the demo to see if I could get it to do some things I would want, but am getting confused quickly.

I have a long walkway from my garage to my house. It has some low voltage lighting to light the path. I would love to have a motion sensor at each end of the path to detect people coming and going. If they are coming, trigger a doorbell, and if dark turn on the lights for 2 minutes. If going, don't ring the doorbell, and if dark turn on the lights for 2 minutes.

It seems like do-able logic, but I'm not seeing how to do it with indigo. Is it do-able, and if so, how?

Thanks,
Gern
:?:

Posted on
Sat May 29, 2004 7:58 am
Gern offline

(No subject)

Oh... and can all of this programming be uploaded to the PowerLinc so that it can run with the mac off?

Posted on
Sat May 29, 2004 8:02 am
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

Re: How to set up walkway lights/doorbell motion detection?

Hello Gern,

Your question and the solution are very similar to one another person had for detecting folks coming up and down stairs. Here it is:

http://www.perceptiveautomation.com/php ... .php?t=321

Unfortunatley, this logic is a bit too complicated for the PowerLinc Controller to handle. You'll have to have Indigo running.

Regards,
Matt

Posted on
Sat May 29, 2004 8:53 am
Guest offline

support wrote:
Your question and the solution are very similar to one another person had for detecting folks coming up and down stairs. Here it is:

http://www.perceptiveautomation.com/php ... .php?t=321

How would you add the 'lights on only at night' aspect to that program?

Gern

ps- thanks for that quick response!

Posted on
Sat May 29, 2004 9:11 am
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

From your initial description, it sounds like you want the lights to come on for a couple of minutes if either motion detector goes off and it is dark. I'd break this out as different, independent logic. Create 2 new different Trigger Actions (one for each motion detector) that turns on the lights for 2 minutes. Use a conditional of "if dark" to prevent the action from happening during the day.

Matt

Page 1 of 1