Power faliure

Posted on
Fri May 28, 2004 4:35 pm
mandbj offline

Power faliure

How do I get Indigo to re execute time/date actions after a power faliure? We lost power the other night, the computer restarted, Indigo restarted but all the lights that were supposed to be on, with a time action, that went off with the power were still off and I had to manually execute the actions. Is this a fixable problem?

Posted on
Fri May 28, 2004 5:28 pm
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

Re: Power faliure

There isn't an easy way to do this currently. However, I've thought about this a bit. What Indigo needs is a "catch-up" option that allows it to execute missed Time/Date Actions. But I feel this needs to be an option, because there very well may be some Time/Date Actions that you do not want to catch-up. And we'll probably have to make the time delta an option -- if the power was out for 2 days, then you probably wouldn't want it to execute all of the Time/Date Actions that were missed.

Any other opinions or votes for this type of feature?

Regards,
Matt

Posted on
Fri May 28, 2004 5:47 pm
gregjsmith offline

(No subject)

That's a good idea and should be like a checkbox on each trigger if it should "catch up".

Didn't you say that the database only updates every 15 minutes? Maybe that should change so the database updates when a item has changes.

Posted on
Sun May 30, 2004 6:32 pm
mandbj offline

support wrote:
There isn't an easy way to do this currently. However, I've thought about this a bit. What Indigo needs is a "catch-up" option that allows it to execute missed Time/Date Actions. But I feel this needs to be an option, because there very well may be some Time/Date Actions that you do not want to catch-up. And we'll probably have to make the time delta an option -- if the power was out for 2 days, then you probably wouldn't want it to execute all of the Time/Date Actions that were missed.

Any other opinions or votes for this type of feature?

Regards,
Matt

Would it be possible to write an Applescript?

Posted on
Sun May 30, 2004 7:04 pm
gregjsmith offline

mandbj wrote:
Would it be possible to write an Applescript?

I was trying to think of a way to do this via applescript. what I was thinking of is a "pause" feature. Where you could pause a scheduled time date trigger or a trigger in progress. When you pause them it will turn off any currently running and when you "play" them it will adjust the times accordingly. For example when the sprinklers are running and the wind kicks up above a min speed it would pause the sprinklers and all scheduled sprinkler runs for the day and play them again when the wind dies down.

It's the same basic idea to the automatic power failure adjustments.

Posted on
Sun May 30, 2004 9:32 pm
mandbj offline

Applescript

I've never tried to write an applescript, is it difficult and are there any good examples of what you are talking about?

Page 1 of 1