Lost power, how about when it's restored?

Posted on
Thu May 13, 2004 7:10 pm
gregjsmith offline

Lost power, how about when it's restored?

Since Indigo can sense when power has been lost, can it be made to detect (and trigger) when power has been restored?

Posted on
Thu May 13, 2004 8:39 pm
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

Re: Lost power, how about when it's restored?

gregjsmith wrote:
Since Indigo can sense when power has been lost, can it be made to detect (and trigger) when power has been restored?

It depends. Sometimes Indigo doesn't execute the power failure trigger until after the power has been restored. It depends on which interface is being used -- some of them only report power failures and some only report power restores. And with some, like the PowerLinc USB, it is possible to know both. However, Indigo currently doesn't have a power restore trigger type so even with the PowerLinc USB you only get the message on power failure.

But it is a good idea to add a power restore trigger type that works with the interfaces that support it.

Regards,
Matt

Posted on
Fri May 14, 2004 6:28 pm
gregjsmith offline

(No subject)

I switched back to my 1132U and thought it had the capability to detect power on.

Yesterday I came home to find a message in iCal that the power had gone off. However I had no idea when it came on. Not to mention that the computer can't send out a email when there's no power. So it would be nice to be able to have it send out a message when the power comes back on.

Posted on
Tue May 18, 2004 7:24 am
Guest offline

(No subject)

how are you integrating this with iCal?

Posted on
Tue May 18, 2004 8:56 am
gregjsmith offline

(No subject)

See this thread

http://www.perceptiveautomation.com/php ... .php?t=118

I've got an updated script that I will be posting sometime soon.

Page 1 of 1