HAI System Compatability

Posted on
Wed Apr 14, 2004 6:56 pm
RookieOne offline

HAI System Compatability

Anybody know if the Omni system by HAI can be controlled with Indigo?

Posted on
Wed Apr 14, 2004 7:15 pm
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

Re: HAI System Compatability

RookieOne wrote:
Anybody know if the Omni system by HAI can be controlled with Indigo?

Right now Omni (HAI) support isn't on the radar because no one has requested it. It has only come up a couple of times in the forum and offline emails, and I don't believe there have been any direct requests for supporting it (maybe one).

If we get a critical mass of folks wanting it, then I'll look into how difficult it will be to add.

Regards,
Matt

Posted on
Wed Apr 14, 2004 9:32 pm
gregjsmith offline

(No subject)

RookieOne, can you tell me more about this. I've heard of it and think it's popular on the PC side but I don't really know what it does.

Posted on
Fri Oct 15, 2004 3:55 pm
Timb offline

(No subject)

I'd like to see HAI omnistat support also

Posted on
Sat Oct 16, 2004 1:45 pm
Threadhead offline

(No subject)

I am about to buy an Omni II (HAI security system) and soon after, will be wanting to do more advanced home automation. I REALLY, REALLY want to go with an all Mac solution, but right now the only choice I can find is Homeseer. The combination of HAI and HS seems to be pretty popular.

For those of you who don't know, HAI security systems are also fairly advanced home automation systems as well. Very extensible, and IMO priced very well. But, when you want to do the much more advanced HA control, you need to connect the HAI system to a computer (hopefully a Mac :) to managing the complex parts. In addition, you can extend it far beyond the typical X-10 systems.

So, yes, I would really like to see HAI integration. Also, I would like to see Indigo be able to operate the new Z-wave devices. So please add my vote for both.

Depending on how adventurous I fell, I may just write an HAI interface myself. Should be pretty simple to put somthing together that sends AE to Indigo. Not completely integrated, but should work.

Posted on
Sat Oct 16, 2004 1:51 pm
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

(No subject)

Threadhead wrote:
Depending on how adventurous I fell, I may just write an HAI interface myself. Should be pretty simple to put somthing together that sends AE to Indigo. Not completely integrated, but should work.

If you decide to tackle this, then let me know. I have a alpha (almost beta) utility app that will make doing this in AppleScript easier. Send me an email (indigo-support at perceptiveautomation.com) offline if you are interested.

Regards,
Matt

Posted on
Sun Jan 16, 2005 2:36 pm
cboyd offline

also interested in HAI support

Hello, glad there are others that are looking at this combo. I have a HAI OmniPro and I've recently moved *all* of my machines to MACs (sick of WinBlows). I am running MAC OS X and would like to see Indigo support of HAI.

It would be cool if there was Indigo support to HomeSeer, which already supports HAI (and Cinemar stuff) so that portions could be migrated as development is completed in Indigo...

I bet you're going to see more migration to Mac with the Mac Mini out now. Makes a great kitchen-sized machine for automation control.

Posted on
Wed Aug 17, 2005 12:03 pm
krforbes offline

HAI interest

I’m certainly interested in HAI integration for Indigo.

We are putting in home security and automation using some old wiring from a previous system and UPB switches. The HAI Omni looks like the best system for integrating our security and lighting. But the downside is that it cannot be interfaced to our Macs.

In the meantime, I’ll watch out for adding UPB support in Indigo. That’ll probably be where I jump in for software control.

Posted on
Sat Jan 28, 2006 10:57 pm
drsunnyk offline

I too would like to see HAI support

Hi all,

I'm about to install an HAI Omni LT system into my new house. I really wanted to go with a Mac only solution, but the Omni LT system seems to be more flexible than X10 and insteon. Unfortunately, I'll have to run a windowz box to program it. Please please do something for HAI

Sunny

Posted on
Sun Jan 29, 2006 8:13 am
Aeolius offline

Re: I too would like to see HAI support

drsunnyk wrote:
...the Omni LT system seems to be more flexible than X10 and insteon.

What aspects of HAI do you find to be more flexible?

Posted on
Sun Jan 29, 2006 1:11 pm
ssmiller offline

(No subject)

Deleted
Last edited by ssmiller on Tue Jan 20, 2009 2:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Posted on
Sat Feb 02, 2008 9:58 am
peterrhysjenkins offline

HAI Indigo Interface via SerialBridge

I just started interfacing my HAI Omnipro II to Indigo. You can't use the IP/UDP interface because the sample code they give you in C/C++ & Borland and relies on a Windows proprietry dll which does the "nasty stuff" for AES encryption, crc calculation etc and they don't supply the spec for the UDP protocol.

Having said that, playing with the Omnipro via the serial interface on a Windows machine shows the number of commands in small and fairly easy to code for the Omnistat thermostats, and to get events into Indigo variables via SerialBridge. The only bit stopping me is the two byte crc that you need to calculate for every message. I could do this in C but I'd rather do it in Applescript - so does anyone have any crc-16 routines that I could eyeball ? - I will upload the HAI interface as soon as it's working.

Cheers - Peter.

Posted on
Sat Feb 02, 2008 5:46 pm
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

Re: HAI Indigo Interface via SerialBridge

Hi Peter,

If you cannot find an AppleScript solution for calculating the CRC, then you could try using do script to run a shell script that calculates it in Perl, Python or Ruby. Something like this.

Regards,
Matt

Posted on
Mon Feb 04, 2008 11:47 am
peterrhysjenkins offline

HAI Omnipro Interface crc calculation

Thanks Matt,

Yeah, I figured that I would need to call out to cksum - I will code it this weekend. Thanks !

Oh, and thanks for an awesome product by the way. I have 126 Insteon Dimmers, 11 Insteon KeypadLinc's an RDIF interface and I've made a Mac version of "Open Air Microphones" http://www.james.lipsit.com/whole.htm All running flawlessly on an old Powerbook THANK YOU.

Peter.

Posted on
Sun Jan 18, 2009 8:08 am
rlust offline

HAI Integration

SO has anyone worked out any code to talk to the HAI system, or the Homeseer system? HAI integration would be a huge plus. I am looking to make the switch to Indigo but I really need to monitor my HAI system.

Thanks