EZRain INSTEON Questions

Posted on
Sat Jan 01, 2011 5:31 pm
Gary H offline

Re: EZRain INSTEON Questions

How to factory rest the ezflora unit. I am on my fourth unit, works for awhile then stops.

will not connect. Tired of these problems. Must be something wrong with my home ?

Unit will connect when plugged in same room as interface ( usb ) Has been working for past two months fine. Do I need another set of access points ? Love the indigo all the modules in the house work fine < ( lost one lampswitch after two years but this is my fourth
EZflora. Lost the info on how to factory reset. Thought I would try it again.

Thanks

Posted on
Sun Jan 02, 2011 10:47 am
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

Most units are factory reset by: unplugging, waiting 10 seconds, holding down the SET button, plugging back in, continue holding SET button for 10 more seconds, then releasing the SET button.

What exactly happens when it stops working? Does just unplugging it and plugging it back in (not a full reset) get it working again? Does it always work if plugged into the same circuit as the PowerLinc? If the latter is true, then it sounds to me like a signal problem and additional AccessPoint RFs or FilterLincs on problem appliances/electronics (UPSs in particular) might help.

Posted on
Thu Aug 28, 2014 8:50 am
Jpaction offline

EZFlora Indigo Device Type Issue

OKAY, I hadn't reset it correctly. Now it is back but I need to redo all my stuff. Lesson learned. But why did it loose it's device type in the first place after more than a year working perfectly fine?

I have had this device for about a year. Yesterday I add another one so I could control all of my landscaping. I verified and tested each valve and everything was working fine. I down loaded the Master Irrigation plugin and setup the schedule. Tested it out and everything was working. The schedule kicked off at 11:10 last night, great! Woke up this morning to zone 2 still running and I could not get it to shut-off. Checked the logs and everything was showing off. I am getting this error.

What's really interesting is now my first EZFlora that has been working fine isn't working at all. I found that Indigo is assigning it a device type of an IR-Link Transmitter. I have tried deleting it from Indigo and re-linking. Still sets it up as an IR-Link Transmitter. I have moved it and tried a reset. Still sees it as an IR-Link Transmitter.

Yard flooded NEED HELP!

My power link controller is a 2413U and I am running Indigo Pro version 6.0.14

Thanks,
Jim
Attachments
Screen Shot 2014-08-28 at 7.31.46 AM.png
Screen Shot 2014-08-28 at 7.31.46 AM.png (96.21 KiB) Viewed 2942 times
Screen Shot 2014-08-28 at 7.42.16 AM.png
Screen Shot 2014-08-28 at 7.42.16 AM.png (110.68 KiB) Viewed 2942 times

Posted on
Thu Aug 28, 2014 9:19 am
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

Factory reset it then resync. If that doesn't work, then it has failed and will need replacing. It's odd that it just started reporting that way - there was a batch of EZFloras that had the wrong firmware in them and that caused them to report as an IR-Linc, but as far as I know those never worked correctly in Indigo.

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn