Trigger on interface error?

Posted on
Sun Nov 24, 2013 7:00 pm
bob.banks offline

Trigger on interface error?

There's some condition that occurs on my setup that renders all X10 useless until I power cycle the XTB-IIR. I haven't taken the time to figure out the fix but for now it's a walk down the basement. In the meantime, I noticed that Indigo shows the following errors during the problem.

Error resending previous command (busy or unexpected command)
Error SendX10Message function failed

Is there anyway to trigger an action on these errors so I can send an alert? Thanks!

Posted on
Tue Nov 26, 2013 8:56 am
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

Re: Trigger on interface error?

Hi Bob,

It looks like one of your modules is getting stuck in a state of broadcasting continuous X10 commands. I believe that was a known issue with the outdoor X10 motion sensor and one of the X10 repeater/bridges, but perhaps it occurs with other modules as well.

If you enable the SQL Logger plugin, then there will be a new "Error in Event Log" Trigger type you can select. Note you don't have to enable SQL logging to use the new trigger type (the plugin just has to be enabled). You will have to use the Internal Errors option in the trigger settings config dialog, which will catch all internal X10/INSTEON errors -- there isn't a way to get more granular than that at this time.

Posted on
Tue Nov 26, 2013 9:01 am
bob.banks offline

Thanks matt. Using the Error in Event Log trigger type, can I inspect anything about the error?

I've been able to narrow the problem to an Ademo alarm panel which uses an X10 transformer. Power cycling the alarm panel resolves the issue.

Posted on
Tue Nov 26, 2013 9:11 am
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

You can have Indigo email you the last few Event Log lines so you can manually/visually inspect it. Select the action Type Server Actions->Log Actions->Email Event Log Data, then have it send just the last 5 lines or so from the log.

If the trigger starts tripping a bunch (because the errors repeat in the log), then also add on a action Type Server Actions->Enable/Disable Actions->Disable Trigger and have the trigger disable itself. Use the Auto-enable after... checkbox to have it automatically reset itself after several minutes.

Posted on
Tue Nov 26, 2013 9:16 am
bob.banks offline

Okay, thanks. I use Growl/Prowl instead of email notifications so I was hoping to be able to pull the error event from a variable or pseudo-device. Email will work for now. Hopefully, it won't happen often.

Page 1 of 1