Having trouble controlling Phidgets 1017

Posted on
Tue Nov 19, 2013 4:32 pm
automatr offline

Having trouble controlling Phidgets 1017

Just purchased a Phidgets SBC3 and 1017 to replace my EasyDAQ EasyDAQ NET16PRMx because of problems communicating with that device. (I have three of these if anyone is interested in them). So far no problems communicating with the SBC and analog sensors, but I'm having some trouble with an attached 1017 Relay Card. I can control the relays of the 1017 with no problem from the Phidgets System Preferences window. I can define the 1017 as a device in Indigo, and it reports that it is online.

Phidgets 1.jpg
Phidgets 1.jpg (48.97 KiB) Viewed 1142 times

Where I am running into trouble is actually being able to access the relays on the 1017 through Indigo. Perhaps I'm doing something wrong? As an example, if I try to make an Action Group, New>Device Actions>Phidgets Control, The option that seems to fit this task is "Control A Interface Kit Digital Output Device", yes?

Phidgets 2.jpg
Phidgets 2.jpg (131.15 KiB) Viewed 1142 times

If I then select Edit Action Settings>Select Phidget, the drop down menu is empty.

Phidgets 3.jpg
Phidgets 3.jpg (88.6 KiB) Viewed 1142 times

So I am stuck at this point. Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks!

automatr / Jeff

Posted on
Tue Nov 19, 2013 8:00 pm
automatr offline

Found it, never mind ...

After poking around for a while, I figure it out. It was pretty obvious, now I feel kinda dumb!

Posted on
Tue Nov 19, 2013 8:19 pm
berkinet offline

Re: Having trouble controlling Phidgets 1017

You aren't the first. :wink:
For anyone wondering what the 'fix' is: Phidget interfaceKit outputs need to be created as separate devices and are turned in/off like any light or appliance.

Page 1 of 1