EasyDAQ NET16PRMx Connection Issues

Posted on
Sat Nov 09, 2013 11:43 am
automatr offline

EasyDAQ NET16PRMx Connection Issues

Just upgraded to the most recent Mac Mini. The new machine is dedicated to Indigo, and I'm having a lot of trouble communicating with my three EasyDAQ NET16PRMx cards. (EasyDAQ USB cards are working fine). My previous Indigo Mac was an older Mac Mini running Indigo 5. I believe the trouble started when upgrading to Indigo 6.04 and the most recent EasyDAQ plugin, even before upgrading to the new Mac Mini.

After the initial install, the cards show up in the devices list, but any attempt to use the cards results in immediate error messages such as "EasyDAQ Relay Card Error failed to read state from device "Easydaq 1" for channel indices 1 to 8" and the cards generally do not respond at all.

Cards were set to DHCP using Lantronix's Device Installer program. An Airport Extreme identifies the cards by MAC address and assigns an IP address for each. Using Terminal and the command "arp -a" from the Indigo machine confirms that the cards do indeed exist on the network and the IP address / MAC address correspond to the settings used in Indigo. The cards are connected to the network over fiber with a media converter on each end. Tried plugging cards directly into the Airport Extreme as a troubleshooting measure, problem still present.

I’ve noticed that others are having similar issues lately with the EasyDAQ cards. Has anyone found a solution, or moved on to hardware that's more reliable with Indigo? I need this to work reliably and am considering abandoning the EasyDAQ network cards in favor of something else more reliable if that's what it takes. Was considering the Phidgets, but don't see a current plugin to make that work (most recent links return 404). Is the Phidgets still a viable option?

What I need is 1) reliability and the 2) ability to connect via fiber in a card with I/O & relays. If the above hardware is not going to achieve that, might there be a better solution?

Any suggestions or ideas very much appreciated! Thanks!

automatr / Jeff

Posted on
Tue Nov 12, 2013 9:57 am
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

Re: EasyDAQ NET16PRMx Connection Issues

I think the Phidgets plugin should definitely be a viable option. The download link on the last post here seems to be working, so give that one a try.

Page 1 of 1