A better layout for Custom States

Posted on
Thu Aug 22, 2013 7:13 am
davvi offline

A better layout for Custom States

Rather than stacking the Device Details on top of Custom States, perhaps it'd be better to arrange them next to each other. It would get rid of the need to scroll down to see Custom States, or dragging that whole area up.

Posted on
Thu Aug 22, 2013 8:15 am
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

Re: A better layout for Custom States

Assuming everyone has a screen as wide as yours and assuming that there won't be other tiles visible depending on device type or for some other reason in the future... ;)

That area will be evolving over time I think as we add new features.

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Posted on
Thu Aug 22, 2013 4:49 pm
davvi offline

This wasn't taken on an overly large monitor though. My 6 4K monitor setup isn't arriving until later this Fall along with a Mac Pro... in my dreams...

In that screenshot Indigo was taking up about 90% of a 1600x900 resolution monitor; less than a MacBook Pro. I think even on a smaller screen it could be beneficial (mockup below). I should also add, this is only a tiny suggestion in what is overall a wonderful new release.

Posted on
Thu Aug 22, 2013 6:41 pm
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

I agree it isn't the most efficient usage of space, but I think Jay's point is the areas of tiles are likely to evolve and in the end most devices will end up with 2 tiles on the top row. That isn't the case now, but we don't want to spend too much time optimizing for the case of only those 2 tiles being visible since it won't be that way permanently. All that said, I'm not sure when we'll get to the additional features that will more fully fill out that area, so bear with us. :-)

Posted on
Thu Aug 22, 2013 7:22 pm
davvi offline

Sounds good.

Posted on
Sat Mar 08, 2014 2:26 am
autolog offline

+1 for the side-by-side design (or at least an option to select this).

I have only just discovered this morning that the Custom States pane exists :shock:

I have done a search of the forums for "custom states" and it appears that I might not be alone in having not realised it was there :wink:

Page 1 of 1