Indigo with Cloud Conditions?

Posted on
Sun Aug 11, 2013 9:25 am
Rmafive offline

Indigo with Cloud Conditions?

Hi guys,

I am new to Indigo and I am really enjoying the system. I previously used a Smartlinc for controlling lamps throughout my house, but it recently died. I was wondering if it is possible to create a trigger for activating certain lights when the weather condition is cloudy using Indigo. I am having trouble figuring out how to use the built-in weather feature and I tried downloading the NOAA Weather Plus plugin and I still am not certain how to correctly set that up to achieve my goal. Do I have to purchase Indigo Pro to have this sort of functionality (turning lights on when the weather is cloudy outside)? Also, is there a simpler plugin or feature I can use for this?

Thanks for any help!

Posted on
Sun Aug 11, 2013 12:42 pm
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

Re: Indigo with Cloud Conditions?

Yes, Indigo Pro is required to use plugins like the built-in NOAA Weather plugin.

To accomplish this using the built-in NOAA plugin you'd first create a weather station device. Then, you'd want to create a Device State Changed Trigger on your weather station device and select "Current Condition" "Has Any Change". You would then add a condition (on the Conditions tab) that would look at the Current Condition device state and see if it contains "cloudy":

Code: Select all
"Any" "of the following rules are true"
     "If device" "KPIT" "Current Condition" "contains" "Cloudy"

By selection the correct popups from the condition editor. Add the appropriate actions and you're done.

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Posted on
Mon Aug 12, 2013 4:10 pm
Rmafive offline

Re: Indigo with Cloud Conditions?

jay (support) wrote:
Yes, Indigo Pro is required to use plugins like the built-in NOAA Weather plugin.

To accomplish this using the built-in NOAA plugin you'd first create a weather station device. Then, you'd want to create a Device State Changed Trigger on your weather station device and select "Current Condition" "Has Any Change". You would then add a condition (on the Conditions tab) that would look at the Current Condition device state and see if it contains "cloudy":

Code: Select all
"Any" "of the following rules are true"
     "If device" "KPIT" "Current Condition" "contains" "Cloudy"

By selection the correct popups from the condition editor. Add the appropriate actions and you're done.

Thanks for the help, Jay! This worked perfectly, I will be sure to purchase the Pro version.

Page 1 of 1