Repeated Disconnected from server

Posted on
Tue Jul 23, 2013 9:41 pm
mooeymoose offline

Repeated Disconnected from server

I have been using indigo for 3 or so years and connect with the power link 2412U. I recently changed the host computer and now I get repeated messages "disconnected from indigo server." It will reconnect with no problem but in 20-30 min it will disconnect again. I am running 5.1.10 at this point. I don't see anything in the event log. I read there is an error log but I can not find a folder with error reports. Can someone please help.

Thanks

Jeff

Posted on
Tue Jul 23, 2013 10:28 pm
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

Re: Repeated Disconnected from server

Rerun the latest Indigo 5 installer on your server and any client Macs you have to make sure they're all on the same version.

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Posted on
Tue Sep 23, 2014 7:36 pm
unfrostedpoptart offline

Re: Repeated Disconnected from server

I've been getting this for months and have to keep trying to explain to my wife why the light switches don't work half the time. Every day or so I notice things aren't responding so I bring up a remote desktop on the Mac Mini that runs Indigo (and does almost nothing else) and see:

Code: Select all
Server Connection Status

Disconnected from Indigo Server

Start Local Server     Connect to Remote Server

I click on Start Local Server and then it's working again - for a while.

1) Why is it doing this?
    2) How do I get it not to do this
    3) How do I get it to just restart when this happens? Why doesn't it already do that? It's crazy for it to just sit there.

I hope you have a quick fix for this since I'm tired of trying to defend your program and all the $$$ I spent on it.

FYI, it's running on a 2.5GHz i5 Mac Mini with 10.9.4 and Indigo 6.0.14. It's hooked up to an Insteon 2412U and a Philips Hue bridge.

Thanks,

David

Page 1 of 1