time/date action doesn't work

Posted on
Sat Jun 12, 2004 8:10 pm
hadi offline

time/date action doesn't work

I have a PowerLink 1132CU and two LampLink Plus plug-in dimmers. The system responds to On/Off commands with no problems, but the time/date actions (such as turning automatically on and off at sunrise/sunset) are not working.

Any suggestions? thanks,

Posted on
Sun Jun 13, 2004 7:18 am
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

Re: time/date action doesn't work

hadi wrote:
I have a PowerLink 1132CU and two LampLink Plus plug-in dimmers. The system responds to On/Off commands with no problems, but the time/date actions (such as turning automatically on and off at sunrise/sunset) are not working.

Any suggestions? thanks,

Because you have the 1132CU, there are two different control modes you can be in: Indigo controlling the logic (Time/Date and Trigger Actions), and the 1132CU controlling the logic. If you are online, or connected, to the 1132CU such that you can manually control devices from Indigo, then Indigo is controlling things. If you disconnect from the interface (not physically, but from the Interface->Disconnect menu) or if you quit Indigo, then the 1132CU will control the logic.

Which method are you using when it fails (is Indigo running)? If you are trying to use Indigo, then you must have your computer set to not go to sleep. Could this be the problem?

Presuming you are using Indigo to control the logic at this point, does it show in the Log Window that the Time/Date Action went off at sunset and sunrise?

Matt

Posted on
Sun Jun 13, 2004 8:03 am
hadi offline

(No subject)

Thanks Matt for the prompt response. I'm using Indigo with the device connected, but the computer goes to sleep at night and at various times of the day. That might be the source of the problem.

I viewed the log window, which indicates that the Time/Date Action commnad appears to have taken place a couple of times (see copy below). Do you think the source of the problem is that I put the computer to sleep while it's still connected to 1132CU?

I appreciate your feedback. Hadi

8:12:51 PM, 6/12/04
Time/Date Action _internal_sunset_

8:27:51 PM, 6/12/04
Time/Date Action Living Room Lights on

8:42:50 PM, 6/12/04
Time/Date Action Sofie's lamp on

Posted on
Sun Jun 13, 2004 8:36 am
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

(No subject)

Hello Hadi,

hadi wrote:
Do you think the source of the problem is that I put the computer to sleep while it's still connected to 1132CU?

Yes, that very well could be the problem. However, the lines from the Log Window you showed don't look quite right. There should have been another line after each "Time/Date Action" line that looked something like:

Sent X10   "Living Room Lights" on

Based on this, it looks like you only have the Time/Date Action half defined. There are two (actually three, if you have a conditoinal) parts of a Time/Date Action. There is the Time/Date Trigger portion that describes when it is supposed to happen and there is the Action portion that describes what you want to happen at that time.

Edit one of your Time/Date Actions (double click on it). Select the Action panel within that dialog. What do you have selected in the "Type" popup menu? You should have "Send Device Action" selected, with an "Action" type of either "Turn On" or "Turn Off." Lastly, you'll need to select the device to which you want to send the action.

Regards,
Matt

Posted on
Sun Jun 13, 2004 2:19 pm
hadi offline

(No subject)

Thanks Matt!

I made the changes according to your instructions. I'll find out if they work between tonight and tomorrow morning.

best, Hadi

Posted on
Wed Jun 16, 2004 1:32 am
Bob offline

same problem

Hey Matt:

I am having the exact same problem with a "CU" and version 1.5.1 of Indigo. Cueing actions manually works fines. Scheduled actions don't work. My computer does NOT go to sleep and if you check the log it appears that the action are taking place as they should but they are not. This problem started with my recent upgrade to a "CU" and 1.5.1. Any ideas?

-Bob

Posted on
Wed Jun 16, 2004 6:47 am
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

Re: same problem

Bob wrote:
My computer does NOT go to sleep and if you check the log it appears that the action are taking place as they should but they are not.

Morning Bob,

Can you post (or email me) a few examples out of your Log Window that show some of the Time/Date Actions that are not working? I'd like to see the log output to check for something.

Regards,
Matt

Page 1 of 1