Time Triggered Events and Applescripts stop working

Posted on
Thu May 27, 2004 1:07 pm
Murray offline

Time Triggered Events and Applescripts stop working

Since I upgraded to 1.5.0, I've had some odd problems. Sometimes eventes that were supost to trigger at a specifice time don't (both specific time and sunrise/sunset). Lights that should come on at sunset sometimes don't. This is not a problem with the previous version.

Also, action groups that include embeddd apple scripts sometimes don't work. These are simple scripts that have always worked before.

Any Ideas?

Posted on
Thu May 27, 2004 1:11 pm
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

Re: Time Triggered Events and Applescripts stop working

Hello Murray,

Do you have the 1132CU (uploadable interface), or is Indigo controlling everything? Does the Event Log show that the events were executed? Any type of error message in the Event Log?

You probably know this, but you also have to have your system Energy Saver settings set to not let your computer go to sleep. If it is asleep, then Indigo cannot execute Time/Date or Trigger Actions.

Regards,
Matt

Posted on
Thu May 27, 2004 8:59 pm
Murray offline

(No subject)

It is the 1132U. System 10.3.3 Energy Saver is set to never sleep. In the case of the apple scripts, the log shows that it executed. Clicking the "Test" button (when editing the script) doesn't do anything. If I close the program and reopen it, it works again...for a while.

Here's the script:
tell application "iTunes"
launch
set visible of front window to false
set sound volume to 75
play playlist "xMorning"
end tell

Posted on
Fri May 28, 2004 6:00 am
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

(No subject)

That is very strange. Since AppleScripts are not executing, I wonder if something is going bad with your system. Nothing changed in the way that Indigo handles Time/Date Actions or AppleScripts going from 1.3.x to 1.5. It definitely could be an Indigo bug, but since nothing in that area has changed in quite a while, I'm not sure where to look.

Can you revert to the previous build for a few days to make sure the problem is new:

http://www.perceptiveautomation.com/ind ... _1.3.3.dmg

If you do see the problem with the older build, then you might want to try running the Disk Utility program to repair file permissions. Let me know how it goes with the older build.

Regards,
Matt

Posted on
Fri May 28, 2004 8:48 am
gregjsmith offline

(No subject)

This sounds vaguely familiar to some issues I've seen. On a few occasions I've had indigo not process applescripts. I have motion detectors that are suppose to turn on lights at night. I would see in the log that the motion detector trigger fired but I would see no log messages from the script. Usually a restart of Indigo would fix it.

Posted on
Fri May 28, 2004 9:16 am
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

(No subject)

Greg,

Do you recall ever seeing the AppleScripts-fail-to-execute problem on Indigo 1.3.x? Or do you think it is something new to 1.5?

Matt

Posted on
Fri May 28, 2004 9:34 am
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

(No subject)

Greg,

The next time you see the problem happen, can you create a new Trigger Action that has a simple AppleScript action (just do a single log statement, for example)? Next, manually execute that new Trigger Action -- does it work? Try manually executing one of your existing Trigger (or Time/Date) Actions that failed to execute -- does it work?

I'm trying to narrow down the problem to see if Indigo gets into a state where no AppleScripts will work, or is it just that all of the existing compiled AppleScripts that are part of the database get erased somehow.

Matt

Posted on
Fri May 28, 2004 11:10 am
gregjsmith offline

(No subject)

I will watch for it. It's hard to tell when it happend, I've been using every beta you have released.

Page 1 of 1