How to program scenes to Switchlinc switch

Posted on
Sat Apr 10, 2004 10:37 pm
Rob Z offline

How to program scenes to Switchlinc switch

Hi,

I'm new to Indigo, having come from a PC running Home Control Assistant. I was wondering if there was an easy way to program the scenes into Switchlinc switches. HCA has a feature that lets you set each scene, then download it to the switch. Any capability here? How??

Thanks. I'm hoping that there is finally a Mac program to run my HA as effectively as on a PC. Hate the things and would rather not have to use one. I use my Macs for everything else.

Thanks,

Rob

Posted on
Sun Apr 11, 2004 6:24 am
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

Re: How to program scenes to Switchlinc switch

Hello Rob,

There is an attachment script that makes sending the X10 sequences to program scenes easy. Open the attachment script file located in user/Indigo User Data/Scripts/Attachments/scenes attachment.scpt. There are comments at the top of the script that show you how to use the functions.

Indigo is not currently scene-aware, so the status of devices will not automatically update as scenes are triggered. Here is a thread where this is discussed in a bit more detail:

http://www.perceptiveautomation.com/php ... ight=scene

Regards,
Matt

Posted on
Sat May 15, 2004 5:54 pm
guest offline

evaluation period over

Hi,
I have evaluated Indigo package with the 1132CU and am dissappointed that it does not do scenes.
I believe that I will wait to purchase it, and would like to know if there are any plans to incorporate scenes later.

Posted on
Sat May 15, 2004 6:04 pm
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

Re: evaluation period over

I do have scene support on the long term list of things I'd like Indigo to do, but it isn't high enough priority to likely be in Indigo 2.0.

Regards,
Matt

Page 1 of 1