Has anyone tried ... ?

Posted on
Sat Jul 21, 2012 7:22 am
yergeyj offline

Has anyone tried ... ?

Does anyone have any of the following equipment on their pool/spa system that they could test that tho splugin works for these options?

1) Dual-speed pumps connected to AUX2 and controlled by PUMPLO commands. Also, does the PUMPLO command do anything for variable speed pumps?

2) Waterfall installed on AUX3 and controlled by WFALL commands. Note that a waterfall controlled on other AUX has been tested successfully.

2) Solar heater - attached to AUXX and controlled by SOLHEAT commands.

3) Dimmable AUX

Thanks for any feedback on these options,
Jim

Posted on
Sat Feb 16, 2013 12:08 pm
Steve Snell offline

Re: Has anyone tried ... ?

3) Solar heater - attached to AUXX and controlled by SOLHEAT commands.

I just spent the last 6 hours getting everything set up and I agree that this plug-in is awesome. I have a solar heater and can toggle (enable/disable) it using this plug in.

Question: Is there a way to send an All Off command to the Jandy? I can do it from the remote but can't seem to find a reference in the AquaLink RS Serial Adapter manual. Any help appreciated.

Steve

Posted on
Sun Feb 24, 2013 7:33 am
yergeyj offline

Steve Snell wrote:
3) Solar heater - attached to AUXX and controlled by SOLHEAT commands.

I just spent the last 6 hours getting everything set up and I agree that this plug-in is awesome. I have a solar heater and can toggle (enable/disable) it using this plug in.

Question: Is there a way to send an All Off command to the Jandy? I can do it from the remote but can't seem to find a reference in the AquaLink RS Serial Adapter manual. Any help appreciated.

Steve

Steve,

Thanks!, I'll note that the solar heater option is now tested. Post anything here if you find any problems, although I won't be able to do any testing until I open my pool here in PA sometime in March/April.

With regard to an all off command, I'm not sure what exactly you would want, or what your remote does. Does it turn off heater, lights, pump and other auxiliaries like cleaner, etc.?

Setting up an Action Group in Indigo that toggles off the devices you want for an "All Off" would be pretty simple to do, and would allow you to set the order they are toggled the way you want.

I've tried to include the actions that "must" be run by the plugin as part of the plugin actions, and have assumed the various combinations could be customized in Indigo by each user, but if you think an "all off" action is an important element of the plugin itself, let me know.

Jim

Posted on
Sun Feb 24, 2013 8:46 am
hamw offline

Jim,

Fabulous plugin -- very stable, and now that the Autelis web emulation is working properly, simply unbeatable.

One thing you don't have listed is colored lights. Since the waterfall has options, are there LED colored light options that can be exposed in the plugin too?

Posted on
Mon Feb 25, 2013 11:05 am
yergeyj offline

hamw wrote:
Since the waterfall has options, are there LED colored light options that can be exposed in the plugin too?

Have you been able to confirm that a waterfall installed on AUX3 and controlled by WFALL commands operates correctly?

I haven't been able to determine commands for colored lights as yet, but if you have a serial adaptor manual that has those commands, I'd be happy to add the respective actions into the plugin.

BTW, have you tested the dimmable light actions? That was another of the things that I hadn't been able to test (as I don't have any), and for which I hadn't yet had any feedback. I'm fairly certain the dimmable commands should work with any LED lights, even if the color selections are not yet operable in the plugin.

Jim

Posted on
Mon Feb 25, 2013 8:05 pm
hamw offline

yergeyj wrote:
Have you been able to confirm that a waterfall installed on AUX3 and controlled by WFALL commands operates correctly?

No waterfall to test. Mine is a single pump with a diversion to the spa spillover.

I haven't been able to determine commands for colored lights as yet, but if you have a serial adaptor manual that has those commands, I'd be happy to add the respective actions into the plugin.

I saw your post above re waterfall commands and thought if such independent commands exist for a waterfall, may be they do for a Jandy LED as well.... However, I just did a search for the RS Adapter, and unfortunately it seems the LED control commands aren't in the RS Adapter set.

BTW, have you tested the dimmable light actions? That was another of the things that I hadn't been able to test (as I don't have any), and for which I hadn't yet had any feedback. I'm fairly certain the dimmable commands should work with any LED lights, even if the color selections are not yet operable in the plugin.
Jim

No dimmable lights here either.

Posted on
Tue Feb 26, 2013 5:21 pm
yergeyj offline

hamw wrote:
yergeyj wrote:

I saw your post above re waterfall commands and thought if such independent commands exist for a waterfall, may be they do for a Jandy LED as well.... However, I just did a search for the RS Adapter, and unfortunately it seems the LED control commands aren't in the RS Adapter set.

There are a set of commands for colored lights available for the Pentair systems. The Pentair uses virtually the same command structure as the Jandy systems, but as I don't have anything like the colored LED lights, it's unclear whether the commands will work on a Jandy LED system.

If you are willing to test the commands for me, I'll do my best to get them incorporated into the plugin.

Jim

P.S. If anyone has colored LED lights and would like to try to poll / set the color pattern, please try the following commands in the "Send Direct Command to Jandy" Action and report back here whether it works or not:

#COLORSWIM
#COLORSET
#COLORSYNC

Page 1 of 1