RFXTRX Cannot See Sockets

Posted on
Fri Mar 22, 2013 4:15 pm
AndrewGWalsh offline

RFXTRX Cannot See Sockets

Hello. Is anyone else having difficulty getting the RFXTrx to see LW switched sockets?

The sockets connect ok to a LW remote control and the remote control connects ok to the RFXTrx but they are invisible to the RFXTrx.

I have emailed support at RFXCom but, while I am waiting for a reply I was wondering if anyone else had them working already? The RFXMNGR software doesn't have a tab for switches which was a little discouraging!

Andrew Walsh

Posted on
Sat Mar 23, 2013 6:20 am
b_weijenberg offline

Re: RFXTRX Cannot See Sockets

LightwaveRF and HomeEasy sockets are receivers only. These modules do not transmit RF so the RFXtrx433 will not receive anything from a LWRF module.

You can pair the LWRF sockets with the Indigo device the same way as you pair the module with a remote. After this you can control the module the same way as with a remote.
Note: A module can be paired with up to 6 remotes (Indigo devices) If the module does not accept a pair command, reset the module to remove all remotes and try again.

Posted on
Sat Mar 23, 2013 9:19 am
AndrewGWalsh offline

Re: RFXTRX Cannot See Sockets

Aha! Many thanks for that - I've been bashing my head against this problem for a week.

I now have all my sockets operational :)

The steps for setting up a LightwaveRf Switched Socket are therefore as follows:

1 Create a device in Indigo of type RFXCom | LightwaveRF Appliance
2 In Edit Device Settings, allocate a unique House Code | Unit Number combination
3 Pair by doing the usual press and hold of the socket button AND turn it on from within Indigo whilst the socket is flashing

Indigo will keep a track of its state - but will get it wrong whenever it is altered manually because there is no feedback. This has implications for how you program use. Note also that whenever there is a power cut switched sockets default to off when the power returns.

Thanks again!

Andrew

Page 1 of 1