Stability problems

Posted on
Tue Oct 30, 2012 7:07 am
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

Re: Stability problems

Triple check your sleep settings. If Indigo logs that message it means the Mac OS is telling all applications that the Mac is about to be put to sleep.

Posted on
Tue Oct 30, 2012 12:27 pm
eme jota ce offline

haavarda wrote:
after some more research and some more instability I have noticed something strange.

In the log file this appears before the rfxcom plugin drops out.

2012-10-27 21:53:33 Application Received sleep notification from system

Just checked my log and see the same pattern of sleep / RFXCOM errors coincidence: The sleep error message shown in haavarda's comment above immediately precedes the RFXCOM error described in this thread each time, except once. In that one instance, the RFXCOM error precedes the "Application Received sleep notification from system" error by just 5 seconds.

Double checked my mac's sleep settings. Computer is set to never sleep, except I do have it connected to a UPS. The UPS setting was set to put computer to sleep after 15 minutes of UPS power. We haven't lost power during October, but I have the Sleep / RFXCOM error coincidences on 10/5, 10/15, 10/16, and 10/19.

For what it's worth, I also had LogMeIn installed on that machine. Separately, there's a new Brother laser printer in that room that seems to draw so much power on start up / wake up, that I sometimes hear the UPS's click or beep as if they are providing protection. Reviews about that printer on Amazon and other places complain about it blowing circuit breakers. I suppose it's possible that if I'm running that printer, the UPS might provide some voltage or other protections so that the Indigo Mac connected to the UPS (via USB and for electricity) might have thought it was running on the UPS power for 15 minutes and sent a sleep signal.

I've removed LogMeIn from that machine as it's not needed anymore and changed the UPS setting so that it does not put the computer to sleep after 15 minutes of UPS power, but will shut down if the UPS battery reaches 15%.

Posted on
Tue Nov 06, 2012 3:08 am
haavarda offline

I have double checked, and the settings are on never sleep.
I use the server quite a lot and is really quite sure that it never goes to sleep.
I have also installed the caffeine app that keeps the mac from sleeping. And it has been working since. But when I run this app the display wont go to sleep.
I also have "log me in" installed. I am running lion on the server.

Is it possible that indigo misinterprets the sleep signal from the iMac?
And is it possible to disable this feature?

Håvard

Posted on
Tue Nov 06, 2012 8:17 am
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

What is the pattern of when Indigo logs the OS is going to sleep? Does it occur when you are using a particular app? Or at some specific interval?

Also check the Console app for any errors or messages it might be logging about sleep. I would search the system log files for both "sleep" and "wake" individually.

And please copy/paste what you find in the log files so we can take a look at it.

Posted on
Thu Dec 27, 2012 7:04 am
jenkins007 offline

I get this error on a regular basis since I first noticed it on October 17, 2012. I've restarted my system, reloaded the plug-ins. I've stopped and restarted the server manually. I've disabled the plugin and re-enabled it. I've reloaded the plug-in. I've upgraded to the latest indigo and the latest plug-in.
I am on Indigo 5.1.7 and using RFX Plug-in 1.2.7. It seems that my 4 different sensors update temperatures OK. This error occurs every couple of minutes on a regular basis.

RFXCOM Error Error in plugin execution runConcurrentThread:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "plugin.py", line 222, in runConcurrentThread
File "/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 5/Plugins/RFXCOM.indigoPlugin/Contents/Server Plugin/RFXTRX.py", line 1592, in startComm
File "/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 5/Plugins/RFXCOM.indigoPlugin/Contents/Server Plugin/RFXTRX.py", line 434, in processPacket
File "/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 5/Plugins/RFXCOM.indigoPlugin/Contents/Server Plugin/RFXTRX.py", line 866, in handleRFXSensor
File "/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 5/Plugins/RFXCOM.indigoPlugin/Contents/Server Plugin/RFXTRX.py", line 1461, in convertTemperatureToC
<type 'exceptions.TypeError'>: unsupported operand type(s) for -: 'unicode' and 'int'

RFXCOM Error plugin runConcurrentThread function returned or failed (will attempt again in 10 seconds)

Thanks,
Matthew

Posted on
Fri Dec 28, 2012 5:57 pm
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

Inside the file:

Code: Select all
/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 5/Plugins/RFXCOM.indigoPlugin/Contents/Server Plugin/RFXTRX.py

Try changing this line from:

return (data-32)/1.8

to:

return (float(data)-32)/1.8

then reload the plugin.

Posted on
Mon Dec 31, 2012 9:04 am
jenkins007 offline

Changing the line adding the float operand apparently did it. I have now been error free for 2 days. Thanks!!!

Thanks,
Matthew

Posted on
Mon Jan 21, 2013 2:56 pm
RJdeKok offline

I implement the correction in the next release (very soon to come)