New version of the RFXTRX Plugin available

Posted on
Sun Nov 13, 2016 12:27 pm
durosity offline

Re: New version of the RFXTRX Plugin available

howartp wrote:
Alcohol isn't the only beverage available at the pub... I speak from experience!

Few pubs sell Irn Bru outside of Scotland. What on earth would you want to drink other than that? ;)

Computer says no.

Posted on
Sun Nov 13, 2016 12:33 pm
howartp offline

durosity wrote:
Awesome yeah that's working. Where did that version appear from? (I tells ya trying to keep up to date with the different versions of the RFXtrx plugin is a right pain. It needs to be hosted somewhere static that's always available and preferably have a non-admin page listing the updates and changes. :)

We believe the author has gone AWOL, so this version was authored by Matt during the Beta and hosted on Indigo server.

I'll see if he can mod this thread to sort links.

Posted on
Sun Nov 13, 2016 12:38 pm
WouterK offline

Great! This version is working!

Would like to know whether this is a version which will be the "official / right" one.

Posted on
Sun Nov 13, 2016 12:39 pm
durosity offline

Oh dear. Well hopefully if that's the case they'll fully adopt it as it's a pretty common interface :)

Computer says no.

Posted on
Sun Nov 13, 2016 12:45 pm
howartp offline

Having said that, the author last logged in at lunchtime today according to his profile....

Posted on
Sun Nov 13, 2016 12:47 pm
durosity offline

How bizarre. Perhaps they just like to watch the world burn...

Computer says no.

Posted on
Sun Nov 13, 2016 10:38 pm
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

The developer is still around, and I believe he hopes to have some time for working on it soon. I've updated the original post on this thread with the current download link.

Posted on
Wed Jan 11, 2017 9:18 pm
Fishysan offline

Hi all,

I just upgraded to v7 and all the plugins, and hoped that this dang error would go away;
Code: Select all
Jan 11, 2017, 10:08:25 PM
   Embedded script executor host started
   Script Error                    embedded script: unsupported operand type(s) for -: 'unicode' and 'int'
   Script Error                    Exception Traceback (most recent call shown last):

embedded script, line 4, at top level
TypeError: unsupported operand type(s) for -: 'unicode' and 'int'

This still occurs w v7 and the latest RFXCOM plugin (2.1.0).. As soon as I disable the plugin, the error no longer occurs.

Thanks.

Posted on
Wed Jan 11, 2017 9:21 pm
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

I'm not sure how that error is related to the plugin, but can you narrow down which embedded script you have that is causing it? Once you track down the script copy/paste it into a reply and we can try to figure out what is causing it.

Posted on
Wed Jan 11, 2017 9:32 pm
Fishysan offline

To add, if it helps - here's the initialization;

RFXCOM                          initializing communication on port /dev/cu.usbserial-03VHDCBN at speed 38400
RFXCOM                          connected to RFXtrx 433.92 MHz, firmware version 190
RFXCOM                          currently enabled receiver protocols: Oregon Scientific

Thanks!

Posted on
Wed Jan 11, 2017 9:40 pm
Fishysan offline

matt (support) wrote:
I'm not sure how that error is related to the plugin, but can you narrow down which embedded script you have that is causing it? Once you track down the script copy/paste it into a reply and we can try to figure out what is causing it.

Hi Matt - it only happens when I have the RFX plugin enabled.. has been like that since a few updates back. I disabled the plugin quite some time ago to get rid of the error, as it happens sporadically.. I couldn't determine what it was. However I have many sensors supported by RFXCOM and would like to get it working again.

Do you mean/think it might be another script I have within Indigo that's causing an incompatibility?

Thanks much.

PS: 3rd Plugins currently used are: Nest Home, DSC Alarm and RFXCOM. I've disabled any other.

Posted on
Wed Jan 11, 2017 9:44 pm
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

Yeah, the error itself is coming from the embedded script executor, which is used to run python scripts you have embedded in Triggers, Schedules, or Action Groups. We need to find which script it is so we can troubleshoot what is causing the error. I presume it is a script that is doing something with a RFX device or the RFX plugin, but maybe not.

We have on our feature request list (and I'd really like to see it get implemented) adding much better error logging which would show which trigger, schedule, etc. the problem is coming from. But for now it is pretty much a guessing game.

Posted on
Thu Jan 12, 2017 7:26 pm
Fishysan offline

matt (support) wrote:
Yeah, the error itself is coming from the embedded script executor, which is used to run python scripts you have embedded in Triggers, Schedules, or Action Groups. We need to find which script it is so we can troubleshoot what is causing the error. I presume it is a script that is doing something with a RFX device or the RFX plugin, but maybe not.

We have on our feature request list (and I'd really like to see it get implemented) adding much better error logging which would show which trigger, schedule, etc. the problem is coming from. But for now it is pretty much a guessing game.

Ahhh ok, thanks much Matt - that makes sense and gives me something to investigate.

Looking, I bet it's this then...

I have a trigger when an RFXCOM value changes that it populates that into a variable (in F deg).

Then when that one is updated, another trigger fires to convert it to Celsius w Python;
myVar = indigo.variables[894550057]
tempSensor = indigo.devices[1469511808]
tempF = tempSensor.states["temperature"]
tempC = (tempF-32)*5/9
tempC = round(tempC, 1)
# "{0:.1f}".format(tempC)
indigo.variable.updateValue(myVar, str(tempC)+" °C")

I bet you tempF needs to be cast to fix this.. it complains about line 4 on occasion, so I'll add int(tempF) - that should fix it!

Odd that it only happens on occasion though.

Thanks!

Posted on
Thu Jan 12, 2017 7:59 pm
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

Yep, I think that is the problem.

Posted on
Sun Jan 15, 2017 12:00 pm
Fishysan offline

matt (support) wrote:
Yep, I think that is the problem.

That fixed it Matt - thanks much for noticing the post and the suggestions!

Cheers.