RFXtrx sending commands

Posted on
Wed Mar 09, 2016 12:20 pm
MaartenT offline

RFXtrx sending commands

Hi all,

I'm little lost when it comes to the functionality of the RFXtrx433 device and the indigo plugin 1.6.3 functionality.

i have a Home Easy Chime. HE820. and a wall switch. HE843. I can perfectly connect the two without an issue.
i can also see the housecode etc in the event log when i press the button on the wall switch.

RFXCOM Debug AC Switch with housecode 0010908c and unitcode 03 command 1 received
RFXCOM Debug Switch Command 0010908c-03 in list, command=On

My expectation was that it is possible to also send out the same housecode and unitcode with the rfxtrx using a trigger in indigo.
the only commands which i'm able to find while creating a new trigger within the RFX actions list are Rollertrol, Harrison, Somfy and color + and -.

I connected the RFXtrx with a windows machine and enabled the protocols below.

connected to RFXtrx 433.92 MHz, firmware version 1
RFXCOM currently enabled receiver protocols: RFU, Byron, RSL, Lightning4, Viking, Rubicson, AE Blyss, Blinds T1234, Blinds T0, La Crosse, Hideki, LightwaveRF, Mertik, ATI, Oregon Scientific, HomeEasy EU, AC, ARC, X10

is my assumption right or is it not possible to send command using the current setup?

Posted on
Wed Mar 09, 2016 12:41 pm
autolog offline

Re: RFXtrx sending commands

I have only got experience of using LightwaveRF but this hopefully should work I think:

Create a new device in Indigo of type RFXCOM and select a type from the pulldown of Home Easy Appliance.
The configuration dialogue will open where you can enter the Housecode and unitcode.

You should then see a switch in Indigo devices where you can turn it on and off.

You can then set up actions etc to work on this device. :)

Posted on
Wed Mar 09, 2016 3:08 pm
b_weijenberg offline

You don't need to enable a protocol for transmit because transmit is always enabled for all supported protocols!

The HE8xx protocol is not supported. The HE8xx remote transmits a number of protocols and the AC is received by the RFXtrx.
Solution:
Remove all remotes from the HE8xx module,
Create an AC device in Indigo with the same ID and unit code as the remote,
Pair this device as additional remote to the HE8xx module.
See also: http://blog.rfxcom.com/?p=5

Important: enable only protocols used for receive. If all protocols are enabled some will be reduced or even eliminated. See chapter 2.4 in the RFXtrx User Guide.

Posted on
Thu Mar 10, 2016 12:29 pm
MaartenT offline

Thanks for your comments.

for some some reason i'm not able to make it work.
I did a reset of de rfxtrx device on a windows pc. updated the firmware to the latest.. connect it to the indigo server again and enabled debug logging.

i also decoupled the switch from the chime.

without having the chime plugged in i pushed the switch button.

this was showing up in the log

RFXCOM Debug AC Switch with housecode 0010908c and unitcode 02 command 1 received
RFXCOM Debug Switch Command 0010908c-02 in list, command=On

after that i added a new device RFxcom -> AC appliance (new Kaku)

Housecode : 00100908c
unitcode:2

i plugged in the chime. .put in on learning mode. and pressed the on and off button of the newly created device. .

No response.

also when i unplug the chime and press the buttons of the switch i was expecting a status change new indigo device

when hit the on button this is what is presented in the logfile

RFXCOM Debug Actions...TurnOn
RFXCOM Debug Turn ACAppliance Appliance/Dimmer On (level 0).
RFXCOM Debug Address 0010908C
RFXCOM Debug housecode:2
RFXCOM Debug device type:ACAppliance
RFXCOM Debug device type:0
RFXCOM Debug device level:0.0
RFXCOM Debug send x10 cmd: 11 17 0 0 0 16 144 140 2 1 0 0 (0B 11 00 00 00 10 90 8C 02 01 00 00)
RFXCOM Debug processing: 4 2 1 0 0 (04 02 01 00 00)
RFXCOM Debug ACK Message ACK, transmit OK
RFXCOM Debug ++++++++++++++
RFXCOM Debug sent "switch" on

Posted on
Fri Mar 11, 2016 1:43 am
colinpartridge offline

The house code you have posted for your Indigo Device has an extra 0, unless this is a typo?
Might be worth updating to the latest version of the plugin which is 1.7.9
Colin

Posted on
Fri Mar 11, 2016 8:17 am
MaartenT offline

Nope.. no typo :(

i updated to the latest version (plugin)

i decoupled the chime from the switch.

created a new ac switch (new kaku) by first discovering the houscode via the event log.

after creating that switch i tried to couple it to the chime when it's in learning mode.

no reaction.

the only reaction i get when using the switch is :

Error device "chime test" state key command not defined (ignoring update request)
Error device "chime test" state key type not defined (ignoring update request)
Error device "chime test" state key lastUpdated not defined (ignoring update request)

Posted on
Fri Mar 11, 2016 8:51 am
autolog offline

I think what Colin means is that your debug code is showing:
Code: Select all
RFXCOM Debug AC Switch with housecode 0010908c and unitcode 02 command 1 received
and you have (and I quote):
after that i added a new device RFxcom -> AC appliance (new Kaku)

Housecode : 00100908c
unitcode:2

The debug value of house code 0010908c doesn't agree with your definition of Housecode : 00100908c i.e. if this isn't a typo, there is an extra zero between the 1 and 9 that shouldn't be there if you want them to match. :)

Posted on
Fri Mar 11, 2016 10:36 am
MaartenT offline

Thanks for the reply.

i see what you mean. It was a type in my post not in my configuration unfortunatly

Page 1 of 1