RFXCOM plugin with door chime

Posted on
Thu May 07, 2015 5:28 pm
Turribeach offline

RFXCOM plugin with door chime

Hi,

I have successfully installed the RFXrec433 USB Receiver with the RFXCOM in Indigo and I am now able to see events in the event log in debug mode. I have also been able to create a device to see events for a LW Door Chime kit. The push button unit sends only 1 LWRF command when pushed, this can either be On or Off but not both. Here are the events I see in the event log in debug when I see the push button to send the On command:

RFXCOM Debug processing: 10 20 0 0 247 131 248 1 1 0 80 (0A 14 00 00 F7 83 F8 01 01 00 50)
RFXCOM Debug LW Switch with housecode f783f8 and unitcode 01 command 1 received (level:0)
RFXCOM Debug Switch Command f783f8-01 in list, command=On
RFXCOM Debug ++++++++++++++

This is how the device looks in Indigo:

doorchime.png
doorchime.png (29.36 KiB) Viewed 2279 times

The issue I have is that the device is always on in Indigo since the command is always On. which doesn't look right to me. I am able to fire a trigger when the push button is pressed by using "lastUpdated" changes but it seems like weird way of doing. I have tried to see if I could set the device to be Off as part of the trigger but it seems this is not possible with this type of device. Is there a better way of doing this? Ideally I would prefer to have the push button device always Off and only On when it's pushed.

Thanks!

Posted on
Fri May 08, 2015 12:08 am
howartp offline

Re: RFXCOM plugin with door chime

Still not an ideal way, but probably the best workaround - set your trigger for On, as you want, and in the actions add one that sets it back to Off.

Then the doorbell will always send On, but the device will show Off at all other times.

Posted on
Fri May 08, 2015 3:01 am
Turribeach offline

howartp wrote:
Still not an ideal way, but probably the best workaround - set your trigger for On, as you want, and in the actions add one that sets it back to Off.

That's exactly what I tried but I can't find any actions that will let me do that in the trigger nor that the device has any on/off buttons to set it on/off manually like a switch. This is really more of a curiosity than a real issue but I thought in asking anyway. What I would probably end up doing is to change the door chime to send the Off command instead so I can keep the device always off but still fire a trigger when the button is pushed.

Posted on
Fri May 08, 2015 6:22 am
DrLaban offline

Just use a trigger for "last updated" and "any change". I had the same problem for my NEXA doorbell.
I was not able to trigger Pushover to send me a notificaten using the ON/OFF state. But when I use "last updatet" it works like charm :)

Posted on
Sun May 10, 2015 4:24 pm
Turribeach offline

Thanks, that's what I did and indeed it seems to work fine. I just thought there might be a "cleaner" way but since this one works fine I guess I will settle on it.

Posted on
Mon May 11, 2015 1:05 am
DrLaban offline

It was kind of a "hack" to get it to work on the Micasaverde Vera also. So I think we'll just have to seetle as you say :)

Page 1 of 1