RESOLVED: On Off buttons not visible?

Posted on
Sat Dec 06, 2014 10:03 am
colinpartridge offline

Re: On Off buttons not visible?

Just a thought, if you are using the demo version there is a 20 device limit, Have you reached that? the Pro symbol next to the devices suggests that.
As far as I understand it, and I'm no expert here, the comms is only one way with this type of device, that is for a temperature device the device will send data to indigo, but you can't interrogate the device and get a response. Similarly with a remote control, Indigo can duplicate the remote and send off/on/dim instructions and the device will respond to those, what you are seeing in the status is the last sent command from Indigo.
Normally to install a plugin all you have to do is download the plugin from wherever and double click on it to install or upgrade/downgrade.

Colin

Posted on
Sun Dec 07, 2014 4:28 am
boz offline

it's only 10 device in the demo environment.
I can't find a old plugin it's only the latest 1.6.1 available.

I tried to pair but getting all the time unknown device 1 it looks like its not sending any control commands from rftrx device..
Is that a secret switch to maybe?

Posted on
Sun Dec 07, 2014 5:11 am
colinpartridge offline

Sorry Boz not sure where to go with this, Have you tried turning off all the other protocols other than AC ? also check that the house code for your 2 nexa devices is different. If you have access to a Windows pc then the RFXmanager software is very useful for debugging this sort of coms issue and also allowing to update the RFXcom firmware. It may also be worth getting in touch with the plugin author just to check there aren't any issues with the plugin version, it could be that the device address is being incorrectly read. If you relaod the RFX plugin you should be able to tell in the log what firmware version you are running...may help

Colin

Posted on
Sun Dec 07, 2014 6:33 am
boz offline

ReSolved : On Off buttons not visible ?

Finally!

I tried everything, did a restore of the installation with Time Machine back to the day it worked!
Good stuff is that the backup process worked really good that is good news, really easy actually.

Bad stuff it didn't worked their either.

Got back to rfxmngr and tried the stuff there and it didn't worked their either I could send any commands at all!
Tried to refresh the device and that didn't work either.

Then I discovered that rfxtrx module was in some kind strange state I reseted the device and even reflashed it again and you know what this time it works.
Now I restored the installation again and everythings works like charm!

Now I can purchase a full copy knowing that it works as planned and it was the device that was the cause of my problems!

Excellent and many thanks Colin for your help! :P

Posted on
Sun Dec 07, 2014 6:42 am
colinpartridge offline

Re: RESOLVED: On Off buttons not visible?

Glad you got it sorted, I'm pretty sure you wont regret it.

Colin

Posted on
Mon Dec 22, 2014 3:11 pm
fraggler offline

Hi Boz, how did you resolve this? I have the same issue right now.

Regards
Fraggler

Posted on
Thu Dec 25, 2014 4:59 am
boz offline

It was a firmware update that put the rfxtrx in a strange mode..
It was pretty clear after I used the rfxtrx own software to control the devices, it didn't send any commands only recieve.
I used the windows if I remeber it correctly.