Lightwaverf device status

Posted on
Sat Oct 25, 2014 2:14 pm
waveuk offline

Lightwaverf device status

hi,

I am trying to improve the way I manage my lights (some zwave and some lightwaverf) identifying manual changes.

I used to have a Vera 3 and I am quite sure I was able to get the status of a lightwave dimmer if a change was done from the switch itself. However I can see this with Indigo.

Maybe I am wrong, could you clarify?

Tx

Posted on
Sat Oct 25, 2014 4:01 pm
durosity offline

Re: Lightwaverf device status

LWRF devices don't support two way comms (except their new heating system) so alas isn't not possible. Perhaps look at switching to wave where you can.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Computer says no.

Posted on
Sun Oct 26, 2014 5:40 pm
waveuk offline

Thanks!
Issue I have with z-wave is the standard boxes is UK are small and cannot fit relays and switcher together.

Posted on
Mon Oct 27, 2014 9:01 am
Vangelis offline

A couple of Indigo users have been playing with the API of a product called Smappee (viewtopic.php?f=132&t=12279&hilit=smappee)

Idea is to spot the electrical signature of a light being turned on via a LightwaveRF switch, and provide status back into Indigo. Early days and a might not be too stable, but its a start...

Vangelis

Posted on
Mon Oct 27, 2014 3:51 pm
durosity offline

waveuk wrote:
Thanks!
Issue I have with z-wave is the standard boxes is UK are small and cannot fit relays and switcher together.

How deep can you go? Stud wall?

Computer says no.

Posted on
Tue Oct 28, 2014 2:02 am
waveuk offline

Vangelis wrote:
A couple of Indigo users have been playing with the API of a product called Smappee (viewtopic.php?f=132&t=12279&hilit=smappee)

Idea is to spot the electrical signature of a light being turned on via a LightwaveRF switch, and provide status back into Indigo. Early days and a might not be too stable, but its a start...

Vangelis

Very interesting? How accurate has this been proven? Can it detect even a couple of led lights?

I have read that conversation and not sure if it was achieved to populate the variables.

Posted on
Tue Oct 28, 2014 2:04 am
waveuk offline

durosity wrote:
waveuk wrote:
Thanks!

How deep can you go? Stud wall?

Boxes are 35mm and yes is a stud wall. I could do a bigger whole but do not want to make a mess...

Posted on
Tue Oct 28, 2014 2:13 am
durosity offline

Yeah I understand that.. I guess it depends on effort vs reward, for me it was worth the extra work to make them all deeper and use zwave fibaro dimmers.. They work (so far) flawlessly, unlike my legacy LWRF kit.

Computer says no.

Posted on
Tue Oct 28, 2014 9:30 am
Vangelis offline

...I'm no electrician, but can't you have the Fibaro unit located outside of the patress box (i.e in the stud wall void). As long as there was a grommet of sorts to allow the wires to feed back into the patress without chaffing...? Guess it also depends on how much 'wiggle' room you have.

Vangelis

Posted on
Tue Oct 28, 2014 12:12 pm
durosity offline

See I have a couple like that, but I'm always a bit nervous as to if its to code or not.. But then I think that people have transformers just in the void above the ceiling, so how different is this?

Computer says no.

Posted on
Tue Oct 28, 2014 1:49 pm
wiery offline

Vangelis wrote:
...I'm no electrician, but can't you have the Fibaro unit located outside of the patress box (i.e in the stud wall void). As long as there was a grommet of sorts to allow the wires to feed back into the patress without chaffing...? Guess it also depends on how much 'wiggle' room you have.

Vangelis

I've had to do exactly that with most of my dimmers as there was insufficient space, but managed to get the fibaro dimmer outside the box but behind the plasterboard. Works ok so far

Page 1 of 1