Lightwaverf with NEW Room Thermostat

Posted on
Mon Jul 21, 2014 3:19 am
manders offline

Lightwaverf with NEW Room Thermostat

So these new devices now appear to be available:
http://www.electricpoint.com/megaman-li ... tAodFFMANQ

I can't see anywhere on the plugin version I have which would support this hardware... has anyone had experience interfacing either with the plugin via the wifi link or via any RXFxxx kit?

I basically just want to be able to read the temperature off the device, may be monitor change in set temperature.

Posted on
Mon Jul 21, 2014 10:52 am
durosity offline

Re: Lightwaverf with NEW Room Thermostat

These new LWRF devices work at 868mhz, which i believe rfxcom were planning on building at some point but i guess time will tell. In the mean time though i wouldn't hold your breath on the LWRF heating devices.. they've been promised for shipping for at least 2 years now.. if not longer. It's quite depressing actually as the finish quality of their products is better than just about any other device i've ever seen out there.

Computer says no.

Posted on
Mon Jul 21, 2014 10:59 am
manders offline

The link I've attached, along with others, implies ready to ship and in stock. I'm only really using the nice looking parts (the room thermostat). I'll let the indigo sort out everything else.

Posted on
Mon Jul 21, 2014 4:19 pm
durosity offline

Yeah a lot of sites have let you buy them even although there's no stock... LWRF themselves put them up for order months ago.. And still no sign :(

Computer says no.

Posted on
Tue Jul 22, 2014 3:23 am
manders offline

I was going to write something last night- the site i linked to says in small print under another section not shipped until Aug-2014... like you said, it's a moving window which has been slipping back for ages, i thought they were finally out. That'll be why i can't find any interfacing information about them....

Posted on
Tue Jul 22, 2014 10:22 am
durosity offline

Yeah, unfortunately as a company JSJS Designs PLC / Megaman / Whowever they actually fall under these days seem to be really struggling.. they seem to have great low cost ideas, but keep tripping on the implementation and shipping side of things. As i said on your other posts it'd seem that B&Q have had enough of them as most of the siemens branded equipment is on clearance.. based on the pile of returned stock they had sitting behind their customer services desk when i was there the other day i'm guessing reliability doesn't seem to be great either (that said i've got about 10 different LWRF devices and not had a single issue with any of them)

Computer says no.

Posted on
Tue Jul 22, 2014 10:59 am
manders offline

I've been caught out be some undocumented issues like placing two master switches next to each other. (this cause interference) and unreliable wireless activation. I had 5 switches i.e. a 2 + 3 and it is hit and miss sometimes.

Posted on
Tue Jul 22, 2014 11:42 am
durosity offline

Indeed. I’m kinda planning on phasing out my LWRF kit in favour of z-wave.. I just wish there was something like the masterswitch for z-wave.

Computer says no.

Page 1 of 1