Came gate control

Posted on
Sat May 31, 2014 11:12 pm
SgtBilko offline

Came gate control

The gates to my property are powered by a Came motor and operated by rf push button key fobs.

Came motors operate on 433.92mhz.

Does anyone know if I get the rfxcom and plugin to learn the signal from the key fobs ?

Thank you

Posted on
Fri Jun 06, 2014 6:53 am
SgtBilko offline

Re: Came gate control

Sorry to bump

Is this such a stupid question everyone knows the answer to it ?
or so difficult no one knows ?

If its the 1st then I am sorry but pointing me in a direction would be much appreciated and if it is the 2nd anyone got any educated guesses / places to start ?

Thank you

Posted on
Fri Jun 06, 2014 7:13 am
kw123 offline

As I understand the RFX plugin, it does not learn the codes.
The rfx receiver send the received data to the plugin and the plugin manages the data i.e. posts the information into the defined indigo rfx devices... just look at the log file if the rfx plugin posts some messages of an unrecognized device when you press the remotes. If yes, you should be ok and you can configure it. if not .. I don't know..

You could look at the rfx plugin code (right click on the plugin -in the indigo directory - and open contents) check the python code and try to figure it out, or get in touch with the programmer of the plugin.

Karl

Posted on
Fri Jun 06, 2014 11:21 am
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

This plugin is provided and supported by RFXCOM directly. They usually monitor their forum here so I'm a bit surprised they didn't answer. You can try to contact them directly.

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Posted on
Fri Jun 06, 2014 1:33 pm
berkinet offline

Not sure about emulating a remote. But, if you have wired access to the controller, or are handy with technology like Xbees you should be able to easily emulate a keypad. Most controllers, like the GiBiDi we have here, have simple contact closure inputs that connect to keypads and, in many cases, the radio receiver circuitry. The keypad sees a correct code, or the radio detects a valid signal, and closes the contact, the gate opens (or stops opening, or closes - however your system is set up).

I am using a Phidgets Relay board output in parallel with the keypad output. But, any computer controllable relay, like the EasyDAQ, Weeder boards, etc. would work.

BTW, I have searched, in vain, for a gate controller with a network, or even serial, interface - no joy. There are a few GSM controllable systems. But, it seems most applications use independent external systems tied to the standard controllers like I described above. Here is a list of the connections to my controller with the two inputs I connected to highlighted. There is probably something similar available for the Came controller. There might even be other interesting inputs or outputs you might want to monitor or control. Which model do you have?
Attachments
f4plus.png
f4plus.png (175.64 KiB) Viewed 1953 times

Posted on
Fri Jun 06, 2014 3:13 pm
kw123 offline

or use an insteon i/o linc : http://store.indigodomo.com/devices/insteon-io-linc-2450.html to open/close the door and sense the state.

Posted on
Sun Jun 08, 2014 4:53 am
SgtBilko offline

Thanks everyone I will let you know I get on. Any other contributions welcome.

Page 1 of 1