ELRO Devices

Posted on
Mon Dec 09, 2013 5:52 pm
jeremyjjr offline

ELRO Devices

Hi,

Wading through my Christmas lights, I came across a Brennenstuhl remote and AC appliance adapter that I've used previously to control my Christmas lights with a remote. Having recently started using Indigo and RFXCOM, I was excited to see that these Brennenstuhl devices worked on the 433.92 spectrum - I thought I'd give it a go trying to get them to work with Indigo and the RFXCOM plugin.

Several hours of decoding packets later, and after quite a lot of code, written, deleted and re-written - I had something working! Great!

Once I started to review my changes, I realised that the RFXCOM plugin already had a hint of this functionality embedded as the RFXTRX.py script had a reference to 'ELRO Appliance'. However there was no code to implement the ELRO appliance functionality.

Any reason why? I'm keen to keep this functionality in, but the script has a few new lines and I had to add a new device to Devices.xml - happy to share to ensure long term inclusion! If not, I guess I'll have to keep plugging away each type I upgrade the plugin!

Thanks,

Jeremy.

Posted on
Mon Dec 09, 2013 6:26 pm
jeremyjjr offline

Re: ELRO Devices

Further digging reveals that no code is needed whatsoever! A simple entry named 'ELROAppliance' in the Devices.xml file is all that is required. Can this be built in to the next release!

Wont complain though - learnt a lot about the RFXTRX device this evening :D

Page 1 of 1