Amazing!!!

Posted on
Tue Apr 17, 2018 1:00 pm
ZachBenz offline

Re: Amazing!!!

vtmikel wrote:
good points on the changes to the warning messages. I'm tempted to hard code the organization name, and not make that editable via the plugin config. I don't see it as necessary. Thoughts?

Yeah, I don’t really see a need for more than one Organization name in an Indigo use case, so hard coding/locking it down makes sense. The OCD in me wants it to be something other than ‘Main Org.’, but that’s just me.

The only challenge, I suppose, is if someone starts fiddling with the org name settings via the Grafana web GUI (like I did. :) ), breaking the anon access in the process without realizing it.

ZachBenz's Plugins: RingForIndigo

Posted on
Tue Apr 17, 2018 1:22 pm
vtmikel offline

I've pushed some updated code with improved descriptions. Upon further thought, I'm thinking that we don't mention the org stuff, but put it in the wiki as a caution. I did change the default org name to "Indigo Viewers." Let me know your thoughts.

Posted on
Tue Apr 17, 2018 2:53 pm
ZachBenz offline

vtmikel wrote:
I've pushed some updated code with improved descriptions. Upon further thought, I'm thinking that we don't mention the org stuff, but put it in the wiki as a caution. I did change the default org name to "Indigo Viewers." Let me know your thoughts.

Sounds good.

Posted on
Wed Apr 18, 2018 9:34 am
vtmikel offline

Arg. I changed the Org ID in the config and lost my dashboard. Frustrating. I think I'll stick to the default, I Don't want to have to support dashboard migrations to the new Org. Is there an easy way to get it back? Otherwise I'll revert to a older version I had.

Posted on
Wed Apr 18, 2018 11:00 am
ZachBenz offline

vtmikel wrote:
Arg. I changed the Org ID in the config and lost my dashboard. Frustrating. I think I'll stick to the default, I Don't want to have to support dashboard migrations to the new Org. Is there an easy way to get it back? Otherwise I'll revert to a older version I had.

Uh oh. Yeah, not sure - in my case i didn’t lose the dashboard access, and just changed the org name back. Reverting is probably safest.

Posted on
Fri Apr 20, 2018 6:59 am
vtmikel offline

It looks like Grafana posted a beta of 5.1. Our issue was assigned to 5.1 but it's not posted in the release notes and the issue isn't yet closed.

I'm not familiar with how to build the Grafana binary for MacOS. I honestly dont want to install all the developer compiler tools on my main machine. I've relied on the Brew package for this plugin. I'm eager to try out 5.1 to see if the phantomjs issue is resolved, but I'm also excited that they improved the scrolling behavior of the dashboards.

Posted on
Sat Apr 21, 2018 5:19 pm
ZachBenz offline

I'm a little worried, based on how they wrote up the issue for Grafana, that their fix won't actually fix the render problem. That is, they appear to simply have added phantomjs under the tools subdirectory to the build for macOS (a simple one line change they made), which seems no different than manually adding it to the tools/phantomjs directory ourselves. But perhaps there is a subtlety that I'm missing. Guess we'll find out!

Posted on
Wed Apr 25, 2018 8:45 am
vtmikel offline

Grafana team repackaged the 5.0.4 release for brew. I grabbed it and replaced the plugin's Grafana server with the latest brew package. I notice it includes phantomjs now, where it was not present before.

Edit: I see their comment in the git issue that they are going to repackage again this week. I wonder if they mean the 5.1 release? I guess we will see.

Despite this, I cannot get the panels to render. I see log entries for the request, with no errors. Please let me know if you see a different result.

This code is part of the master on github. I have not created a new release for it, but the plugin should show v23.

Mike

Posted on
Thu Apr 26, 2018 8:28 pm
vtmikel offline

5.1 is posted and I’ve updated the plugin. Fixed the terrible scrolling behavior from 5.0 but the discrete panel legend is now broke. Also doesn’t seem phantomjs is working.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Posted on
Mon Apr 30, 2018 9:06 am
vtmikel offline

It turns out PhantomJS is working. I probably had something wrong with my query string. However, it's VERY slow. Is this the case for anyone else testing this functionality? If that is the typical performance, I'm going to have to educate users on using my URL downloader plugin to bring down the photos so that they can be used in a Control Page. There's no way you are going to want to reference a image directly in a
Indigo control page, nevermind refreshing it regularly, when the image render takes 30+ seconds.

Also 5.1 completely breaks Discrete panels. They dont render to PNG, and the dashboards do not render the Legend. I opened a github ticket.

This is going to delay the plugin store release for this plugin. I honestly wish I never moved to the 5.x branch but I think that is in the past and it's too late to look back.