BlueIris Indigo Plugin

Posted on
Fri Feb 16, 2018 4:54 pm
GlennNZ offline

Re: BlueIris Indigo Plugin

Version 0.3.3

Adds Cam Configuration Action Groups (need BI admin access to run these)

Selectable for each Camera; Allows:
- Send Reset to Camera
- Enable/Disable Motion Detection
- Enable/Disable Camera
- Start PTZ Cycle/Stop PTZ Cycle
- Pause/Unpause

Obviously quite useful to be able to turn off/on from within Indigo!

Glenn

Posted on
Fri Feb 16, 2018 5:05 pm
Seeker offline

thank you!

on 0.3.2, i see how the trigger interface is supposed to work (multi select camera to be included in trigger) but the trigger does not seem to be being picked up by indigo. it worked on 0.3.1.

Code: Select all
Feb 16, 2018 at 4:55:45 PM
   BlueIris Plugin Debug           logLevel = 5
   BlueIris Plugin Debug           User prefs saved.
   BlueIris Plugin Debug           Debugging on (Level: 5)
   BlueIris Plugin Debug           Connection established to Blueiris Server:Alienware4491
   BlueIris Plugin Debug           --- validatePrefsConfigUi() method called.
   BlueIris Plugin Debug           closedPrefsConfigUi() method called.
   BlueIris Plugin Debug           Connection established to Blueiris Server:Alienware4491
   Trigger                         blue iris app home profile message
   BlueIris Plugin Debug           Removing Trigger blue iris motion light test  (423360035)
   BlueIris Plugin Debug           Adding Trigger blue iris motion light test  (423360035) - motionTrigger

i created a new trigger from scratch. i toggled the cams to trigger (last two lines). then i manually triggered the cams from the BI web interface. no acknowledgment from indigo, nor did the action light turn on that i setup in the trigger. this trigger function was working on the previous version.

any ideas? thanks.

Posted on
Fri Feb 16, 2018 5:06 pm
GlennNZ offline

Seeker wrote:
thank you!

on 0.3.2, i see how the trigger interface is supposed to work (multi select camera to be included in trigger) but the trigger does not seem to be being picked up by indigo. it worked on 0.3.1.

Code: Select all
Feb 16, 2018 at 4:55:45 PM
   BlueIris Plugin Debug           --- validatePrefsConfigUi() method called.
   BlueIris Plugin Debug           closedPrefsConfigUi() method called.
   Trigger                         blue iris app home profile message
   BlueIris Plugin Debug           Removing Trigger blue iris motion light test  (423360035)
   BlueIris Plugin Debug           Adding Trigger blue iris motion light test  (423360035) - motionTrigger

i created a new trigger from scratch. i toggled the cams to trigger (last two lines). then i manually triggered the cams from the BI web interface. no acknowledgment from indigo, nor did the action light turn on that i setup in the trigger. this trigger function was working on the previous version.

any ideas? thanks.

OK Can you turn all the debug checkboxes on and try again - post me the Debug log.
Did test pretty well at my end...

I'm not sure I follow the 'toggle cams to trigger'. Won't trigger if just starting up... next 10 seconds or so.
Most of your log is deleting/adding the trigger.

G

Posted on
Fri Feb 16, 2018 5:24 pm
Seeker offline

thanks, i sent a pm with the log. screencaps of simple trigger added.

i'm right-clicking on the BI web UI (the UI3 beta version), trigger now. this method was working this morning when i was testing the previous version. a slight delay, but it worked and ran the indigo trigger before.
Attachments
ind 3.png
ind 3.png (120.94 KiB) Viewed 3296 times
ind 2.png
ind 2.png (99.45 KiB) Viewed 3296 times
ind 1.png
ind 1.png (82.59 KiB) Viewed 3296 times

Posted on
Fri Feb 16, 2018 5:44 pm
GlennNZ offline

Thanks for the log, and the images. They all looks fine& correct --- triggering working well at my end ()

Suspect it is at BI end -
Is the alert still correct/there for this camera?
Is it within BI timeout for alerting ? (won’t resend within this time period)
Has the plugin Just started? (logs doesn’t show that message - but never know)

Glenn

Posted on
Fri Feb 16, 2018 6:03 pm
Seeker offline

Thanks.

20 second alerts are recording via manual trigger. i'll keep playing around with this. I'm sure it's something on my end.

This is the single greatest plugin for indigo since the amazing Sonos plugin (and DSC plugin, Alexa, HomeBridge, Netatmo, messages, EPS Alarm Clock). :D

Posted on
Fri Feb 16, 2018 6:48 pm
GlennNZ offline

Seeker wrote:
Thanks.

20 second alerts are recording via manual trigger. i'll keep playing around with this. I'm sure it's something on my end.

This is the single greatest plugin for indigo since the amazing Sonos plugin (and DSC plugin, Alexa, HomeBridge, Netatmo, messages, EPS Alarm Clock). :D

Thanks!
Welcome to pm or pastebin the full debug log - from event logs directory if still have issues
Also Double check camera device is enabled in Indigo - if it is not for any reason won’t trigger

Glenn

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Last edited by GlennNZ on Sat Feb 17, 2018 1:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

Posted on
Fri Feb 16, 2018 9:00 pm
CliveS offline

When I downloaded v 0.3.0 I set the auto update to 2 hours and ticked the box but no updates since then, just a FYI.
Now off to delete the demo Blue Iris and install clean with my shiny new serial number, looking forward to removing the demo band across the screen!

CliveS

Indigo 2023.2.0 : macOS Ventura 13.6.3 : Mac Mini M2 : 8‑core CPU and 10‑core GPU : 8 GB : 256GB SSD
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The best way to get the right answer on the Internet is not to ask a question, it's to post the wrong answer

Posted on
Fri Feb 16, 2018 9:14 pm
GlennNZ offline

CliveS wrote:
When I downloaded v 0.3.0 I set the auto update to 2 hours and ticked the box but no updates since then, just a FYI.
Now off to delete the demo Blue Iris and install clean with my shiny new serial number, looking forward to removing the demo band across the screen!

Enjoy! Also enables Direct to Disk recording as well which is probably the most useful feature

The update config settings actually do nothing at the moment - technically only recent pluginstore 0.3.3 is release!
May update the code for this, but the pluginStore API has to be close ..... and that will change everything from update standpoint.

G

Posted on
Fri Feb 16, 2018 10:31 pm
GlennNZ offline

Here you go then:

- Remove a few unneeded menu items
- Updating code now functioning. Waiting new StoreAPI
- Update Plugin menu items updated.
- New, updated Readme

Can add the camconfig status results to the Camera devices; this will enable us to show - Motion detection On/Off, PTZCycle On/Off, Camera Enabled/Disabled, Pause/Unpause
The issue is it requires a Admin BI login --- Thoughts?

G

Posted on
Sat Feb 17, 2018 1:16 am
GlennNZ offline

Version 0.4.1

Pulling all possible information from BI Server now.....

Changes:

Cosmetic only fix for Wrong PluginName shown when checking Update

Add Additional Custom States to Server Device

- SystemName - Name of System
- Admin - Whether current user is admin or not
- Audio - Audio enabled
- Clips
- User - Reported Username from BI
- Latitude
- Longitude
- Version - BI Version Number

Add States to BI Camera Device

- Camera Motion Detector On/Off True/False
- Camera Paused -1,0 as per BI
- Camera PtzCycle active True/False

- Added checks for actions that require admin user; won’t run and will inform you of issue if try.

Some/Most of these states require the Indigo Plugin BI Username to have admin rights on the BI server. I have added quite a few checks to capture when they are not, even if changing back and forwards without restarting.
If you don't want to be a BI Admin user - thats fine - the these new states will remain blank.

If any CamConfig commands are run - will immediately update on Camera Device the new setting (Motion Detector off etc.)

Posted on
Sat Feb 17, 2018 2:48 am
rhanson offline

GlennNZ - see PM

Posted on
Sat Feb 17, 2018 4:55 am
GlennNZ offline

rhanson wrote:
GlennNZ - see PM

Thanks for the PM and the code.
Had started looking at imageio (have merged it into another branch). Seems to need PIL + others - and really unkeen on adding to much dependencies. Both for weight of code/potential issues but also to limit installs to Mac-indigo server. Personally prefer to keep ‘crap-free’.
The other issue I see is access to clips (not BI default) and also whether any alert images capture. (I turned off images just use videos). I haven’t been running my BI server login with such.

Was hoping was standalone app for Mac that could just package with plugin and externally call (ImageMagick can standalone compile- but haven’t tried to hard). Still hoping will find one can point to directory of recently captured images to make gif.

Will keep thinking! Thanks for the pointers.

Glenn

Posted on
Sat Feb 17, 2018 5:47 pm
Seeker offline

i'm still having problems with indigo getting notification of a BI trigger. odd thing is it WILL work occasionally.

i just re-read your installation instructions. The part about the camera trigger setup with the 'request from a web service' option. I guess those instructions were added after the first version. I currently have my camera subnet isolated (cameras can not communicate TO the indigo subnet). so i guess i'll need to open this up.

Posted on
Sat Feb 17, 2018 5:52 pm
GlennNZ offline

Seeker wrote:
i'm still having problems with indigo getting notification of a BI trigger. odd thing is it WILL work occasionally.

i just re-read your installation instructions. The part about the camera trigger setup with the 'request from a web service' option. I guess those instructions were added after the first version. I currently have my camera subnet isolated (cameras can not communicate TO the indigo subnet). so i guess i'll need to open this up.

Hi
Pretty sure those instructions have been there from the beginning (!) but rest have been tidied up a bit.

If you Have Standard Indigo Digest Authenication: You'll need to follow those instructions. This involves running curl to pass the same call but with digest auth added (which BI doesn't support via its web calls)

If you have changed Indigo to Basic Authentication (like I have): You can do it all from within BI

G

Page 4 of 11 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 11