Contradictory log entries about login

Posted on
Mon Dec 18, 2023 1:50 pm
Different Computers offline

I'm getting this:
Code: Select all
 Attempting Login to Apple Account:myicloudaccount@redacted.com
   FindFriendsMini                 Account username and password has been verifed by Apple
   FindFriendsMini                 Two Factor Authenication (2FA) is NOT enabled on this account
   FindFriendsMini                 OR this Computer/Device is a Trusted Session.  Hence Code not needed
   FindFriendsMini                 This is the ideal setup for iFindFriends
   FindFriendsMini                 Nothing further is required and the account should be functioning
   FindFriendsMini                 Please select options and press Save.
   FindFriendsMini                 ==================================================================================================================================
   FindFriendsMini                 ==================================================================================================================================
   FindFriendsMini                 Plugin Config is not complete.
   FindFriendsMini                 Please go to Plugin Config Page and re-Login
   FindFriendsMini                 & enter 2FA as required

It does have a trusted session and is getting info from iCloud.

It also seems like weekly or even more often, my account is getting locked, which disables FFM. I now know the method for fixing this, but I wonder if there's something that might make FFM less likely to trigger account locking.

SmartThings refugee, so happy to be on Indigo. Monterey on a base M1 Mini w/Harmony Hub, Hue, DomoPad, Dynamic URL, Device Extensions, HomeKitLink, Grafana, Plex, uniFAP, Fantastic Weather, Nanoleaf, LED Simple Effects, Bond Home, Camect.

Posted on
Mon Dec 18, 2023 4:53 pm
GlennNZ offline

Hi

The log entries as you say are contradictory, but that is also the nature of what we receive from icloud. eg. it is trying to make sense of why the login failed. Sometimes it is very unclear - the trusted session should last months but fails sometimes, and if your account is locked the messaging will be extra confused as well.

There are a number of users, myself included, that would send me - a few - emails if plugin is leading to account locking. I haven’t seen it, or been reported. I would raise that something else is locking your account leading to the confused log entries?

If login 2FA needs update - and this will happen monthly or so - depending on apple. Trusted session etc. doesn’t appear to make much difference. There is a plugin trigger for 2FA needing to be updated to make sure can update early. But even when this isn’t updated it shouldn’t lead to account locking.

I’ll have a further look:

Different Computers wrote:
EDIT: Figured it out, leaving this up as a how to.

It's necessary to press the "Submit Code" button after successful login, even if you don't have to use a code.

All working now.

Hey Glenn,

Getting this strange combo of messages where it logs in correctly but then says it's not finished and needs 2FA right after it said it doesn't need 2FA:
 FindFriendsMini                 Attempting Login to Apple Account:mdawson@mac.com
   FindFriendsMini                 Account username and password has been verifed by Apple
   FindFriendsMini                 Two Factor Authenication (2FA) is NOT enabled on this account
   FindFriendsMini                 OR this Computer/Device is a Trusted Session.  Hence Code not needed
   FindFriendsMini                 Nothing further is required and the account should be functioning

Sep 30, 2023 at 11:29:58 AM
   FindFriendsMini                 Plugin Config is not complete.
   FindFriendsMini                 Please go to Plugin Config Page and re-Login
   FindFriendsMini                 & enter 2FA as required

???

Tracked down your earlier post quoted above - I think this is the issue - using trusted session without a code is unsupported/probably is the problem. At a guess trusted session timeouts at some point in time and doesn’t notify leading to account locking. Which is why others aren’t seeing it.

Would suggest move to 2FA and use a 2FA code — this seems the best the most supported and least trouble pathway.

Glenn

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Posted on
Wed Dec 20, 2023 6:57 pm

Re: Contradictory log entries about login

How do I NOT use a trusted session?

I didn't try to turn it on, if I recall. Seems more like once I enter a 2FA code, a trusted session is what I get.

SmartThings refugee, so happy to be on Indigo. Monterey on a base M1 Mini w/Harmony Hub, Hue, DomoPad, Dynamic URL, Device Extensions, HomeKitLink, Grafana, Plex, uniFAP, Fantastic Weather, Nanoleaf, LED Simple Effects, Bond Home, Camect.

Posted on
Wed Dec 20, 2023 7:06 pm
GlennNZ offline

Just need to use a 2FA code always basically - rather than blank code that you referred to as above. I’m presuming in this case is using trusted session instead.

Hopefully above makes sense

I suspect that when times come to renew the authorisation you discovered that can get away without a new 2FA code. Using a new 2FA code for re-authorisation would always be the best option - so it completes the usual authorisation pathway.

Posted on
Mon Jan 15, 2024 3:24 pm

I'm still experiencing this, and I think I may be stuck.

When my account gets locked, (which happens about every 2 days!) I need to reauthenticate FFM once I've unlocked it. I then get this:
   FindFriendsMini                 Attempting Login to Apple Account:redacted@fake.com
However, when I reauthenticate, I am never prompted by Apple with a "here's your login code."

All I can do is click the login code button in the plugin config screen to submit a blank code. I then get
  FindFriendsMini                 Verification Code Accepted.
   FindFriendsMini                 Trusted Session:True

If I deleted the plugin, would it clear all data and allow me to set it up again? Or is there some other way to resolve this?

Posted on
Mon Jan 15, 2024 7:27 pm
GlennNZ offline

Seems odd

There is a delete all Acount info - at the extreme bottom of plugin config to do just this.

Likely worthwhile to try in first instance.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Posted on
Mon Jan 29, 2024 8:33 am

Deleting and recreating the account fixed it. At least so far.

Page 1 of 1