FindMy Triggers only allows friends?

Posted on
Sun Jul 30, 2023 5:20 pm
durosity offline

Howdy. Never used this plugin before but I've now realised what I was missing! However I'm a bit confused, I understand that Apple removed the ability to see non family devices but why does Triggers for Leaving/Entering Geolocations only list (the now non existent) friends? Is there any way to get it to show my family devices for this? I do have various devices like my and my wife's iPhone setup in devices.
Attachments
trigger.png
trigger.png (84.72 KiB) Viewed 608 times
Last edited by durosity on Sun Jul 30, 2023 5:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Computer says no.

Posted on
Sun Jul 30, 2023 5:22 pm
GlennNZ offline

Oops
That’s probably a bug left over from the apple change
Will have a look and update.

Is a simple fix - will update before end of day (my time)

Might add that triggers on arrival and to lesser extent departure can be slightly delayed depending on accuracy of location: Personally don’t use them for ‘lights on’; immediate need arrival things.

One usage is number of friends present with geofence. Which is the geofence state number.
Eg if geofence Home has 0 friends within (there is state for this) then pretty guaranteed to have no one home, or no-one in the particular geofence.
Can also have multiple levels of Geofences around the same GPS coordinates 50m home, 200m wider home, 500m etc.

This update should fix:

https://github.com/Ghawken/IndigoPlugin ... e/Python_3

Posted on
Mon Jul 31, 2023 8:30 am
durosity offline

Re: FindMy Triggers only allows friends?

Aha yep that seems to have sorted it, thanks!

So I wanted to have this as a trigger rather than a geofence state number because I want to be able to be able to trigger things based on individual location. Eg I want to set a focus mode when I go to the gym, but I don't want the same focus mode being set for my phone when the wife or her sister go to that same gym when I'm not there! (I know that iOS has its own built in function for this but I find it flakey and it can't take into account the same kinda complexity that I want that Indigo can handle).

I've set it up, I'll give it a few runs and see how well it works.. I suspect a slight delay won't be a major issue. Really appreciate you sorting it!

Computer says no.

Page 1 of 1