FindFriendsMini a new iCloud FindmyFriends Plugin

Posted on
Fri Oct 13, 2023 11:06 am
Different Computers offline

Re: FindFriendsMini a new iCloud FindmyFriends Plugin

Just upgraded to 2023.1 and now my login to iCloud is not working. Even trying the previous trick, still no joy.

Peculiarly, when I attempt a login, I don't get any sort of notice on any of my i-devices that something is trying to log in.

No changes to my login info, just the restart of Indigo required with the 2023 update.

EDIT: also seeing this error in the log, which I think is new:
Code: Select all
  File "plugin.py", line 1997, in submitCode
type: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'validate_2fa_code'

Second Edit: Turns out that as little as one failed login attempt can make Apple "lock" your iCloud account. The odd thing is that none of the logged in I-devices get a notice about this, or get kicked out of login. Instead, I have to login manually using a non-Safari browser to get the notice that the account is locked, and to go through the unlock process.

Once I've done all that, I can once again set up a trusted session with FFM.

SmartThings refugee, so happy to be on Indigo. Monterey on a base M1 Mini w/Harmony Hub, Hue, DomoPad, Dynamic URL, Device Extensions, HomeKitLink, Grafana, Plex, uniFAP, Fantastic Weather, Nanoleaf, LED Simple Effects, Bond Home, Camect.

Posted on
Thu Nov 09, 2023 1:16 pm
ckeyes888 offline

Can this plugin be used to track AirTags?

Thanks,

Carl

Posted on
Thu Nov 09, 2023 2:20 pm
GlennNZ offline

Nope.
Apple doesn’t allow this - and you can imagine the security implications (!). You would be able to track anyone, anything and record location data live….

Glenn

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk