New plugin - RFPlayer by ZiBlue

Posted on
Wed Oct 25, 2017 3:30 pm
jh71283 offline

Re: New plugin - RFPlayer by ZiBlue

Hi Guys

I'm the beta tester in the UK that Joe mentioned.

The device is pretty nice, although I'm not sure if I have a final production model or not (Thanks to ZiBlue for providing a device to test with!)

It picked up several devices more reliably than my RFXCom, but the main advantage for me at least was the 868MHz radio, which picks up Visonic devices. NB: It's not ZWave compatible, despite the 868MHZ freq.

If anybody in the UK/EU wants to send over any spare devices for testing I'm happy to hook them up and send the logs over to Joe for inclusion in the plugin.

Posted on
Sun Oct 29, 2017 4:30 am
gillekes offline

Hello everybody,

I’m planning on installing a new security alarm and i’m tending to visonic as there are ways to receive sensor info into Indigo.
My question is if all models from Visonic are received by RFPLayer or is it only limited to the powercode serie?
Thanks.

Gilles

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Posted on
Tue Oct 31, 2017 12:07 pm
FlyingDiver offline

gillekes wrote:
I’m planning on installing a new security alarm and i’m tending to visonic as there are ways to receive sensor info into Indigo.
My question is if all models from Visonic are received by RFPLayer or is it only limited to the powercode serie?

Here's their published list: http://rfplayer.com/en/devices/?cat=85

I only got an MCT-320 (magnetic sensor) and NEXT K9-85 (pet tolerant motion detector) to test with. Anything that reports data differently than those will need updates to the plugin.

joe (aka FlyingDiver)
my plugins: http://forums.indigodomo.com/viewforum.php?f=177

Posted on
Tue Nov 07, 2017 1:12 am
koburg offline

Cool with this new plugin.

1. Do somfy blinds work with the "my" function ?
2. strange there not supporting lightwave yet ?
3.a the parrot functions is this as I read to learn completely new devices ?
3.b if so can it be used in the plugin. but after you add it to the plugin ?

Posted on
Tue Nov 07, 2017 6:34 am
FlyingDiver offline

koburg wrote:
1. Do somfy blinds work with the "my" function ?

I don't know what the "my" function is. The manufacturer says it does Somfy. I have no Somfy devices to test with.

koburg wrote:
2. strange there not supporting lightwave yet ?

Is that a question?

koburg wrote:
3.a the parrot functions is this as I read to learn completely new devices ?
3.b if so can it be used in the plugin. but after you add it to the plugin ?

The parrot function allows you to learn transmissions from RF controllers. I've tested it with my RF controlled hurricane shutters and electric fireplace. Right now, you need to use their Java app to control the RFPlayer while you learn the transmissions and assign them to a Parrot code number. Then you can use the plugin to tell the RFPlayer to transmit that code number.

joe (aka FlyingDiver)

Posted on
Tue Nov 07, 2017 7:07 am
haavarda offline

Is it possible to see what Somfy functions that is supported? “My” is definitely interesting. But incremental angle increases would be even more interesting for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Håvard

Posted on
Tue Nov 07, 2017 7:29 am
FlyingDiver offline

The docs I have say it supports Somfy RTS. That's it. For more info, contact ZiBlue.

joe (aka FlyingDiver)

Posted on
Tue Nov 07, 2017 7:51 am
koburg offline

FlyingDiver wrote:
I don't know what the "my" function is. The manufacturer says it does Somfy. I have no Somfy devices to test with.

The "my" function is a favorite position for the roller blind so it always stop right there-
I ask because had another system earlier which did not work with "my".

BUT I will ask ziblue
also about the lightwave products.

Posted on
Wed Nov 22, 2017 2:27 pm
Scotfree offline

Apologies in advance for what seems like a trivial question; Just received one of these and learned the open, stop, close commands from my Dooya curtain remote. I played them back on the ‘parrot’ protocol in the java app and they work fine. I can’t figure out how to transmit them in the plugin.

The dongle is installed and working on the serial port with latest firmware, when I go to create a device, there are only a couple of protocols x10, Visionic, Domia etc. Tried sending the house code and unit number in X10 but no luck. Is there supposed to be a parrot protocol in the drop down when it is enabled on the dongle ?

Thanks.

Posted on
Wed Nov 22, 2017 2:38 pm
FlyingDiver offline

Umm. Yeah, there's supposed to be. Appears I lost that code somewhere along the line. I'll have to recreate it.

In the meantime, try this. Use the "Send Text Command" action, and in the text field put "ON <ID> PARROT" where <ID> is the number or pseudo-X10 address you associated with the sequence you learned. Depending on how you learned the command(s), you might need "OFF" instead of "ON".

joe (aka FlyingDiver)

Posted on
Wed Nov 22, 2017 2:57 pm
Scotfree offline

Coool ! That worked, thank you. Can close my curtains tonight.

Posted on
Wed Nov 22, 2017 2:59 pm
FlyingDiver offline

Excellent.

joe (aka FlyingDiver)

Posted on
Fri Nov 24, 2017 4:15 pm
Colly offline

FlyingDiver wrote:
Use the "Send Text Command" action, and in the text field put "ON <ID> PARROT" where <ID> is the number or pseudo-X10 address you associated with the sequence you learned. Depending on how you learned the command(s), you might need "OFF" instead of "ON".

Hi Joe,
I'm struggling with this! I'm sure it's something stupid on my end. I've learned 3 commands, Blinds Up/Down/Stop and saved them as I1, I2 & I3. When using the text command do I use On I1 PARROT ? I've tried a number of combinations of upper/lower case, and ON/OFF but no joy.

Posted on
Fri Nov 24, 2017 4:29 pm
FlyingDiver offline

Colly wrote:
FlyingDiver wrote:
Use the "Send Text Command" action, and in the text field put "ON <ID> PARROT" where <ID> is the number or pseudo-X10 address you associated with the sequence you learned. Depending on how you learned the command(s), you might need "OFF" instead of "ON".

Hi Joe,
I'm struggling with this! I'm sure it's something stupid on my end. I've learned 3 commands, Blinds Up/Down/Stop and saved them as I1, I2 & I3. When using the text command do I use On I1 PARROT ? I've tried a number of combinations of upper/lower case, and ON/OFF but no joy.

"ON I1 PARROT" should work, according to the docs. Try "ON ID 135 PARROT" as an alternative and see if that works. The 135 is 9 x 15 + 0. I is letter 9, and the 1 is actually 0 when calculating the ID from the pseudo-X10 address. I2 is 136, I3 is 137.

joe (aka FlyingDiver)

Posted on
Fri Nov 24, 2017 4:38 pm
FlyingDiver offline

D'oh. The multiplier is 16. So the ID numbers are 144, 145, 146. I think. Math challenged today.

joe (aka FlyingDiver)