Greenwave power strips

Posted on
Fri Oct 13, 2017 3:39 am
forestfield offline

Greenwave power strips

Hi Peter,
Just to clarify - this doesn't work with the Greenwave power strips? I've got the uk 5 port model.
Thanks
-- Paul --

Posted on
Fri Oct 13, 2017 4:09 am
howartp offline

Re: Greenwave power strips

Hi Paul.

There's a thread elsewhere on the forumwhere folk with Greenwave people are saying it's working natively without my plugin.

However I have one myself which I don't think is... I think the sockets don't map correctly to the reports.

I've asked folk to confirm the current status of theirs then I can work out what's happening.

I can certainly support them in the plugin once I work out what's happening for different users and (I think) firmware versions - I have the 5-node UK version myself.

The other thing to note with Greenwave is that it won't report a value when you ask it to if it's recently sent one, so you can't reliably just refresh the data on a 5-minute schedule for example.

Peter

Posted on
Fri Oct 13, 2017 4:25 am
forestfield offline

It does work - I can turn things on and off. But, as you say, the power reports are mapped wrongly, and the on/off status isn't always reported/polled correctly. I've been living with it for a few years though; it just bugs me that it isn't 'right'.

Posted on
Fri Oct 13, 2017 4:28 pm
howartp offline

Yeah, it's the reporting that has always been the issue.

I suspect the Greenwave 6 nodes (US not UK) run different firmware depending how old they are, as some users have reporting working and some don't.

I thus need to work out how the 6 US nodes ("endpoints") map to 1:6 and how the 5 UK nodes ("endpoints") similarly map.

Once I know the plugin is stable with Ross and Joe using it with their Aeon power strips (which do report correctly) I can then move onto Greenwave.

Peter

Page 1 of 1