News and Status

Posted on
Tue May 02, 2017 6:28 am
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

Re: News and Status

FYI, Perry's site is back up and functioning.

Posted on
Tue May 02, 2017 6:29 am
howartp offline

Thanks Matt.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Posted on
Tue May 02, 2017 8:27 am
steveat123 offline

Yes I noticed that.

I downloaded the excellent weather plugin and now Indigo knows about local weather conditions. Really good for configuring triggers based on weather data.

Posted on
Wed May 03, 2017 12:53 am
Perry The Cynic offline

steveat123 wrote:
I am having issues with the Security Spy plugin after upgrading ti Indigo 7. I have had a look through the forums and it seems that users are using Indigo 7 with Security Spy plugin without issues so I can only assume that there is a later version of the Security Spy plugin but the really frustrating thing is that the plugin developer seems to have disappeared as his web site link is not longer working (http://www.cynic.org/indigo/plugins).

Yeah, sorry about that. I was swapping out my gateways, and a teeny weeny misconfiguration in the routing table made my web server disappear from the Internet for a day. Teaches me not to do network surgery after midnight. :)

Everything should be working fine again.

Cheers
-- perry

Posted on
Wed May 03, 2017 6:22 am
durosity offline

And here we were thinking you'd forsaken us!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Computer says no.

Posted on
Wed May 03, 2017 10:18 am
Perry The Cynic offline

durosity wrote:
And here we were thinking you'd forsaken us!

You're not rid of me that easily. :-)

Cheers
-- Perry

Posted on
Mon Jul 29, 2019 10:36 pm
Perry The Cynic offline

Cynical SecuritySpy version 2.4 supports the new SecuritySpy 5 with image recognition. It allows more fine-grained motion detection triggers. If you have upgraded to SecuritySpy 5, upgrade the plugin and enjoy. (SecuritySpy 5 is a paid upgrade. If you're staying with SecuritySpy 4, the new plugin version won't add any functionality and the old plugin should work just fine, but you can upgrade the plugin anyway if you like.)

Cynical Behaviors 1.2 adds a new Presence device. It lets you pull together different sensor inputs just like the existing Switch Control, but instead of switching a relay device, it is a relay device (it's switching itself). This makes it an idea building block for expressing, well, presence, and absence by time-out.

Some of you might want to use the new SecuritySpy motion triggers as inputs to Presence in order to get better, more reliable room and building observation. You know who you are. :-)

Cheers
-- perry

Posted on
Tue Oct 01, 2019 12:29 pm
mundmc offline

Only just noticed this, thanks Perry!

Posted on
Thu Nov 14, 2019 12:09 am
Perry The Cynic offline

Cynical Caché has been updated to 1.9.0. It now supports the relay/sensor pod for iTach Flex.

Apparently it didn't before. I could have sworn that worked a few years ago, and nobody's complained about it. It may have broken with some firmware update (that nobody has bothered to apply). Anyway, it's working again now with the latest firmware.

This change shouldn't affect anything else. If you have a (flex- or non-flex) iTach with sensors and it stops working for you, go back to 1.8.0 and give me a holler. I don't have any non-flex sensor iTachs around here.

Cheers
-- perry

Posted on
Mon Nov 15, 2021 9:34 pm
Perry The Cynic offline

I've uploaded a minor fix to Cynical Weather. Dark Sky didn't like the version of TLS (encryption) anymore, so I upgraded it. Seems to work. :)

Yeah, I'm still around. Just busy...

Cheers
-- perry

Posted on
Wed Jun 01, 2022 9:39 am
Perry The Cynic offline

I've updated all my plugins to Python 3 so they can survive the coming storm. :-)

The new versions are all "3.0.0". There's intentionally no other change in these releases, so if you see something break, you can be pretty sure it's due to the Python conversion (which was a brief but fun exercise...)

The one exception is Cynical Calendars. I'm retiring this plugin, because the underlying Apple API has been deprecated for a long while and (frankly) I don't use it for anything anymore. Looking around the plugin store, there seem to be other calendar integrations available.

Posted on
Wed Jun 01, 2022 10:18 am
cuhouse offline

Thanks Perry! I am a long time user of your Cynical Behaviors and Security Spy plugins.

Indigo 2022.1.2, Big Sur v11.7.1, Dedicated late 2014 Mac Mini, PowerLinc 2413U.

Posted on
Wed Jun 01, 2022 10:22 pm
Korey offline

Thanks so much Perry! my home runs on your plugins! :D :D
Attachments
Screen Shot 2022-06-01 at 9.21.05 PM.png
Screen Shot 2022-06-01 at 9.21.05 PM.png (102.55 KiB) Viewed 4965 times

--
Korey

Posted on
Thu Jul 07, 2022 11:22 pm
Perry The Cynic offline

I've fixed a glitch in the configuration UI handling that slipped through in the Python 3 conversion. (If you must know, the magical conversion tool was too magical and "fixed" something that wasn't broken.) If you had mysterious validation errors when trying to create or edit devices, this should fix it. As always, let me know if you find anything else.

Sorry for taking so long, but this broke right when I went on vacation, and I don't bring my laptop on those. Intentionally. :-)

Cheers
-- perry

Posted on
Tue Dec 20, 2022 12:35 pm
Perry The Cynic offline

Version 3.5 of Cynical Weather is now using Visual Crossing, a weather data provider that aspires to serve even small fry like us in a friendly, supportive manner. VC has agreed to offer the same deal as Dark Sky before them: you get an API key and that allows you a free daily quote of weather data goodness.

You'll have to delete and recreate any earlier Cynical Weather devices to make the transition. More details are in a separate post.

Sorry it's taken this long...

Cheers
-- perry