Trouble after Indigo 6 beta 5 install

Posted on
Tue Jan 29, 2013 2:57 pm
pauerbuk offline

Trouble after Indigo 6 beta 5 install

Hi all.
I am a user of Indigo since 2006
After install of the new 6.0.0 b5 demo the cynic securitySpy won't work at all.

OSX 10.7.5
SecuritySpy.indigoPlugin v. 1.1.0b4
SecuritySpy 2.2.4

This is the log:
Code: Select all
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "<string>", line 1, in <module>
  File "/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 6/Plugins/Cynical SecuritySpy.indigoPlugin/Contents/Server Plugin/cyin/asynplugin.py", line 40, in __init__
  File "/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 6/Plugins/Cynical SecuritySpy.indigoPlugin/Contents/Server Plugin/cyin/plug.py", line 93, in __init__
  File "/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 6/Plugins/Cynical SecuritySpy.indigoPlugin/Contents/Server Plugin/cyin/plug.py", line 146, in check_compatibility
  File "/System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.5/lib/python2.5/distutils/version.py", line 138, in __cmp__
  File "/System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.5/lib/python2.5/distutils/version.py", line 40, in __init__
  File "/System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.5/lib/python2.5/distutils/version.py", line 107, in parse
<type 'exceptions.ValueError'>: invalid version number '6.0.0 b5'

This instead happens to the plugin SmartphoneRadar
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "plugin.py", line 86, in runConcurrentThread
  File "/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 5/Plugins/Smartphone Radar.indigoPlugin/Contents/Server Plugin/iPresence.py", line 428, in startComm
  File "/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 5/Plugins/Smartphone Radar.indigoPlugin/Contents/Server Plugin/iPresence.py", line 107, in indigoVersionIsAtLeast
<type 'exceptions.ValueError'>: invalid literal for int() with base 10: '0 b5'

Smartphone Radar Error          plugin runConcurrentThread function returned or failed (will attempt again in 10 second

Appears to be caused for both of us to an error in version control...

In addition SmartphoneRadar search a plugin in a folder of version 5. I also removed the plugin from folder, but i did not noticed any change in the error.

Thanks in advance
Piero

Mac mini 2,4 Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo - El Captain 10.11.1

Posted on
Tue Jan 29, 2013 3:08 pm
Dewster35 offline

Re: Trouble after Indigo 6 beta 5 install

Piero,
If you notice the path, it is pointing to Indigo 5 for smartphone radar. You'll have to edit the plugin and change the path manually to indigo 6. I had a similar issue with both of those plugins and that corrected them. I am not running the beta version of security spy. Just the edited latest release.

Posted on
Tue Feb 05, 2013 2:43 pm
pauerbuk offline

Dewster35 wrote:
Piero,
If you notice the path, it is pointing to Indigo 5 for smartphone radar. You'll have to edit the plugin and change the path manually to indigo 6. I had a similar issue with both of those plugins and that corrected them. I am not running the beta version of security spy. Just the edited latest release.

Thanks Dewster, but... how can edit the plugin?

Posted on
Tue Feb 05, 2013 2:47 pm
pauerbuk offline

No one can help me with SecuritySpy plugin?

Posted on
Tue Feb 05, 2013 2:49 pm
Dewster35 offline

pauerbuk wrote:
Dewster35 wrote:
Piero,

Thanks Dewster, but... how can edit the plugin?

Sorry... if you right click on the plugin in the perceptive automation folder and click show package contents, look for a file plugin.py. This is the file that you will need to edit. I use text wranger to open it. It is free. You can probably open it in text edit just the same.

Then just search through the code and replace the old reference to indigo 5 to indigo 6, save and close.

You'll probably want to disable the plugin and shut down indigo server before editing the file. Then reenable the plugin after you've made the changes.

This is the full path:

/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 6/Plugins/Smartphone Radar.indigoPlugin/Contents

Posted on
Tue Feb 05, 2013 6:09 pm
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

pauerbuk wrote:
No one can help me with SecuritySpy plugin?

I just posted over on this thread to see what the developer (Perry) thinks of the problem. I thought the error you are seeing was already fixed, but perhaps not. Let's see what he says.

Posted on
Tue Feb 05, 2013 7:08 pm
Perry The Cynic offline

I just posted over on this thread to see what the developer (Perry) thinks of the problem. I thought the error you are seeing was already fixed, but perhaps not. Let's see what he says.

As I was saying "over there," it should be fixed in 1.1.0b4.

If someone wants to dig in the plugin they've got (with the problem), look in file plug.py line 142, where it says
indigo_version = StrictVersion(indigo.server.version.replace(" ", ""))

That replace should deal with the space in Indigo's 6.0.0 b5 version string. If that's missing somehow, and yet the plugin's Info.plist claims to be 1.1.0b4, then... I'm flummoxed. :-)

Cheers
-- perry

Page 1 of 1