Cynical Calendars - Trigger Indigo activity from iCal events

Posted on
Wed Aug 07, 2013 7:39 pm
Perry The Cynic offline

Re: Cynical Calendars - Trigger Indigo activity from iCal ev

Interesting. So it's persistent. (I assume you restarted the plugin already.)

Tell me what's in the Indigo log before the crash you show. And tell me what version of OS X you're using, and what version of Indigo.

Cheers
-- perry

Posted on
Wed Aug 07, 2013 8:02 pm
Dewster35 offline

I've restarted the whole computer, not sure if that has the same effect as a plugin reload, but I would think it would. I'll dig through the log tomorrow. Tomorrow is another daycare day, so I should see it in the morning.

Posted on
Thu Aug 08, 2013 6:31 am
Dewster35 offline

OSX 10.8.4

Indigo 6 Beta 12 for both server and client

There is nothing consistent that is happening BEFORE the trigger in the event log.

I believe it IS working... it's just puking out this error into the event log each time.

I've played around and had it look at a different calendar for the trigger, had it look at all calendars for the trigger and both of those variations end up giving the same result.

Any other ideas?

Posted on
Thu Aug 08, 2013 9:53 am
Perry The Cynic offline

Dewster35 wrote:
There is nothing consistent that is happening BEFORE the trigger in the event log.

Assuming you turned on the debug checkbox for the plugin, there really ought to be something like Cynical Calendars dispatching start event ... preceding the error. No?
I believe it IS working... it's just puking out this error into the event log each time.

That is confusing. The abort is part of the event matching logic. If it aborts, the trigger shouldn't fire. Are you sure you don't have another (malformed) trigger lying around, perhaps in a folder? Show me everything that shows up in the Indigo log when you reload the plugin.

Cheers
-- perry

Posted on
Thu Aug 08, 2013 10:09 am
Dewster35 offline

I did not have debugging turned on, but I did and I saw that I had some other triggers from when I was talking with you about "meeting" and being able to pull it out of context wherever it appears. I had a trigger in as *meeting*. I deleted that trigger and now all of the error messages are gone. I guess I was getting thrown because I didn't really think that for every ical event starting/stopping etc, it would go through each trigger. So the trigger I had was fine, but this other one was throwing a wrench into the works. Is there a way to identify which event/trigger there is an issue with for this type of error? That would help dial in to the root cause much quicker I guess.

Posted on
Thu Aug 08, 2013 10:50 am
Perry The Cynic offline

Dewster35 wrote:
I did not have debugging turned on, but I did and I saw that I had some other triggers from when I was talking with you about "meeting" and being able to pull it out of context wherever it appears. I had a trigger in as *meeting*. I deleted that trigger and now all of the error messages are gone. I guess I was getting thrown because I didn't really think that for every ical event starting/stopping etc, it would go through each trigger. So the trigger I had was fine, but this other one was throwing a wrench into the works. Is there a way to identify which event/trigger there is an issue with for this type of error? That would help dial in to the root cause much quicker I guess.

I'll see about logging each event as it's being matched.

Cheers
-- perry

Posted on
Thu Sep 28, 2017 10:54 pm
koburg offline

do this plugin supporting special letters we are using in Denmark ?

Skærmbillede 2017-09-29 kl. 06.50.13.png
Skærmbillede 2017-09-29 kl. 06.50.13.png (12.63 KiB) Viewed 1589 times

because I can't get any thing to work

running latest indigo 7.xx
mac osx sierra 10.12.6