Cynical Denon - Denon and Marantz AV Receiver control

Posted on
Fri Aug 21, 2015 11:44 am
wideglidejrp offline

Re: Cynical Denon - Denon and Marantz AV Receiver control

I purchased the GlobalCache WiFi device and connected it to the Epson 5030UBe projector. Also installed the Cynical Network plugin, but I do not know what to do next. The installation tool for the GlobalCache device is Windows only. I am Mac only. I also did not understand what parameters the plugin needs. Just the IP address, once I figure out to get that? Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

John R Patrick
Author of
Home Attitude

Posted on
Fri Aug 21, 2015 9:14 pm
howartp offline

You first need to know the IP address of the GlobalCache device.

The Windows tool probably scans your network for it then offers to configure a static IP address. (It will probably be DHCP by default which means it could change IP address in the future which is not ideal).

If you can get into your router, or use any other tools ( Fingscan?) to find the current address of the GlobalCache, you can probably fire up Safari and enter browse to the current IP address. If we're lucky, it will have a Config page built in that lets you change the IP Address there.

Once you've got the static IP address, head to the plugin page that FlyingDiver linked; there's an example guide to setting up TIVO there, which is the same process you need to follow, using a TCP-Out device and (I would suggest) a variable for incoming messages).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Posted on
Fri Aug 21, 2015 9:26 pm
howartp offline

Cynical Denon - Denon and Marantz AV Receiver control

For the benefit of anyone else following this thread, the Epson doc is available here: https://files.support.epson.com/pdf/plh ... 53ubcc.xls

A command of "PWR ON" should turn on the projector.

A command of "SOURCE 21" should set it to RGB input.

A command of "PWR?" should populate the variable defined in the TCP-OUT device with the current state of the projector.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Posted on
Mon Aug 24, 2015 11:25 am
wideglidejrp offline

Using the Globalcache iTest app on the Mac, I was able to turn on the projector with the PWR ON command. However, I cannot turn it on using the Cynical Network plugin. I will continue this discussion in the Cynical Network with Epson Projector discussion.

John R Patrick
Author of
Home Attitude

Posted on
Fri Dec 18, 2015 11:55 am
TOPS offline

Hi Perry,

The Denon Plugin is still working very, very well with my AVR X4100W :D I've been playing with my control pages, I never really got around to finishing it/them, I need a bit of advice on how to implement a volume control, at the moment I have a series of 12 images of speaker cones each one has a different +/- dB level as set by the plugin, so the higher up the line you go the volume gets higher and lower as you go down the line. This works ok but I want to make it simpler, I just want to have two options + and - linked to a simple static image, so as you tap the + the volume goes up and down with the -.......simple really

I just can't figure out how to do it with the plugin settings......"Volume Up and Volume Down" has to be there somewhere? I can do it with IR but I'd rather keep it all controlled via IP.....

Any help would be appreciated :D

Thanks,

Dave

Posted on
Sat Dec 19, 2015 10:22 am
TOPS offline

....anyone, please.... :D :D

Posted on
Sat Dec 19, 2015 10:55 am
SpencerJRoberts offline

Hey TOPS, you can do this with the Audio Volume action from the Denon plugin. Create the buttons you want for volume up and down, then bind the action shown below to them. Change the volume down one to =current-NUMBER instead of =current+NUMBER and you should be all set!
Attachments
denon_volume.png
denon_volume.png (67.15 KiB) Viewed 6744 times

Posted on
Sat Dec 19, 2015 10:55 am
autolog offline

Take a look at this page: Cynical Denon Plugin and the section on Audio Volumes

I think setting a static image with a server action of Device Actions -> Cynical Denon Controls -> Audio Volume and set the Volume to =current+step will according to the documentation turn up the volume a little bit.

I haven't tried it but give it a go and see what happens :D

Posted on
Sat Dec 19, 2015 10:56 am
autolog offline

Beat me to it :lol:

Posted on
Sat Dec 19, 2015 11:01 am
DaveL17 offline

TOPS wrote:
....anyone, please.... :D :D

So sorry. I saw your post on my phone, but wasn't in a position to provide a good answer at the time. Then, out of sight, out of mind.... Here's my addition to what's just been posted.

Here is an example control page from my system:
Screen Shot 2015-12-19 at 10.47.31 AM.png
Screen Shot 2015-12-19 at 10.47.31 AM.png (148.79 KiB) Viewed 6738 times

Note the area highlighted in violet (the violet box isn't a part of the control page normally.) For audio, I have volume up, volume down, and mute -- and also vol +10 dB and vol -10 dB for those loud commercial breaks. :)

For volume, the "trick" is this:
Screen Shot 2015-12-19 at 10.54.11 AM.png
Screen Shot 2015-12-19 at 10.54.11 AM.png (55.61 KiB) Viewed 6738 times

You can get there by going to:
Server Action --> Device Actions --> Cynical Denon Controls --> Audio Volume (I use Set Anything)

and then enter the formula as shown. I use:

+1
+10

I have been most happy with that. Hope all that makes sense.
Dave

I came here to drink milk and kick ass....and I've just finished my milk.

[My Plugins] - [My Forums]

Posted on
Sat Dec 19, 2015 1:43 pm
TOPS offline

Hi Dave,

Thanks for the heads up, so if I understand correctly, for the Volume up command, every time you tap/press it it goes up by +1 or +anything thats set in the "Value" field and so on for the - button?

Nice CP BTW,

Cheers,

Dave

ps, thanks people for the other replies, it all helps...... :D

Posted on
Sat Dec 19, 2015 1:54 pm
DaveL17 offline

TOPS wrote:
Hi Dave,

Thanks for the heads up, so if I understand correctly, for the Volume up command, every time you tap/press it it goes up by +1 or +anything thats set in the "Value" field and so on for the - button?

Nice CP BTW,

Cheers,

Dave

ps, thanks people for the other replies, it all helps...... :D

Precisely. On my Denon E400, one click of the remote volume button is 0.5 dB. That was too little for my taste, so I did +1.0 dB on the control page. The +/- 10 dB is more like a soft mute.

Have a look at this page which provides some more explanation of formulas within the plugin:
http://www.cynic.org/indigo/plugins/online/denon-av.html

Thanks for the compliments on the CP!
Dave

Posted on
Sun Dec 20, 2015 4:55 am
TOPS offline

Hi Dave & Everyone else,

Worked like a charm.......set up all my volume controls this morning on my CP's :D one happy camper.....this is what I like about the Indigo Community, you reach out for help and it gets sorted, no ringing 0845 numbers and speaking to someone who hasn't got a clue sitting behind a desk in Bombay :shock: :roll: .......the Indigo model is superb.....

Until the next time (and there will) hope you all have a good Christmas and THANK YOU!!!

Cheers,

Dave :D

Posted on
Sun Dec 20, 2015 5:21 am
DaveL17 offline

TOPS wrote:
Hi Dave & Everyone else,

Worked like a charm.......set up all my volume controls this morning on my CP's :D one happy camper.....this is what I like about the Indigo Community, you reach out for help and it gets sorted, no ringing 0845 numbers and speaking to someone who hasn't got a clue sitting behind a desk in Bombay :shock: :roll: .......the Indigo model is superb.....

Until the next time (and there will) hope you all have a good Christmas and THANK YOU!!!

Cheers,

Dave :D

Glad to hear that you were able to do what you wanted! This plugin is incredibly powerful once you get under the hood a bit. Another big step is setting up the list of sources your AVR has available (found under the Source Map of the AVR device. This controls directly the drop-down list of available sources that you can select through Indigo. For example (Denon AVR-E400):

Code: Select all
AUX1=Aux Input,BD=Blu-Ray,CD,DVD,FAVORITES=Favorites,FVP=Favorites/Start Playback,FLICKR=Flickr,GAME=Game,IPOD=iPod,IPD=iPod Direct/Start Playback,IRADIO=Internet Radio,IRP=Internet Radio/Start Playback,MPLAY=Media Player,NET=Network,PANDORA=Pandora,SAT/CBL=Satellite/Cable,SERVER=Server,SIRIUSXM=Sirius XM,SPOTIFY=Spotify,TUNER=Tuner,TV=TV Audio,USB/IPOD=iPod/USB,USB=USB/Start Playback

Screen Shot 2015-12-20 at 5.15.44 AM.png
Screen Shot 2015-12-20 at 5.15.44 AM.png (58.19 KiB) Viewed 6584 times

It took the factory documentation (suggested in the wiki) and a bit of trial and error to figure this out, but it was well worth it.
Cheers, Dave

Posted on
Sun Dec 20, 2015 8:51 am
TOPS offline

:D Hi Dave,

Thanks for the info on the input sources, that part I managed to figure out a while back (With Perry's Help :) )

Cheers,

Dave

Page 9 of 16 1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 ... 16