Cynical Denon - Denon and Marantz AV Receiver control

Posted on
Sun Jan 10, 2016 4:12 am
TOPS offline

Re: Cynical Denon - Denon and Marantz AV Receiver control

Hi Perry,

Hope you are well, The AVR Plugin is running well, I've bought myself a Denon Professional DN-500BD Blu-Ray player to fit in to my AV Rack, it has all the bells and whistles and only in a 1U rack height....reading through the literature it is IP addressable, I was wondering if I could twist your arm in to a commissioned Plug in for it....Im quite happy to donate to the cause.....

Have a look and see what you think and let me know,

Heres hoping,

Cheers,

Dave

Posted on
Sun Jan 10, 2016 10:56 am
DirkWe offline

Hey Perry,

bought a new AVR-X3200 from Denon and it took me only 5 minutes with your plugin: Everything works like a charm ! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Thx for your work :mrgreen:

Cheers
Dirk

Posted on
Tue Mar 15, 2016 11:20 am
RatRanch offline

Perry,

Thanks for this. Works great with my Marantz SR7007 receivers.

The plugin allowed me to create an Indigo virtual device that gets my home theater ready for action by powering on the receiver and projector, setting the climate control and switching on a light group. This basement room is cold in the winter and the JVC projector takes a couple minutes to warm up, so this is a real convenience.

Finishing touch: integrated with Echo (via the Alexa-Hue Bridge plugin) so we can issue the voice command "Turn on the theater" from the main floor to get the room ready for action. Nifty!

Thanks,
-Jim

Posted on
Fri Mar 18, 2016 6:25 pm
wikner offline

Just started trying to use this with an AVR-3311CI. It has 3 zones, all of which I am using. I successfully created actions for on, off, volume up and select source on Zone 1. But I am unable to create devices for any other zones. When I create a new device of type Cynical Denon, Model: AVZone, the resulting popup is blank. What to do?

Posted on
Sun Mar 27, 2016 4:22 am
wikner offline

Well, I solved this problem, but I don't know why my solution worked. I noticed that the status of my Denon Device was stuck on "Connecting" I tried power-cycling the Denon (by unplugging and replugging it). That didn't work. Next I deleted the Denon Receiver Device object and created a new one. The new one had the status of "Standby", and I was able to create Zone2 and Zone3 Devices and control all of them with Actions.

Posted on
Sun Mar 27, 2016 4:27 am
TOPS offline

Hi Perry,

Did you ever get a Chance to look into a Plugin variant for the DN 500BD, ip addressable Blu-Ray Player?

Cheers,

Dave

Posted on
Sun Mar 27, 2016 1:07 pm
Perry The Cynic offline

TOPS wrote:
Hi Perry,

Did you ever get a Chance to look into a Plugin variant for the DN 500BD, ip addressable Blu-Ray Player?

Cheers,

Dave

I'm afraid on my lists of things I might do with my spare time, that one's not in the top hundred. I can't even be bribed with free hardware here, because the first thing I do with a new Blu-Ray disk is ripping it to hard disk so I don't have to use a Blu-Ray player. :-(

Sorry
-- perry

Posted on
Mon Mar 28, 2016 4:14 pm
FlyingDiver offline

Perry The Cynic wrote:
I'm afraid on my lists of things I might do with my spare time, that one's not in the top hundred. I can't even be bribed with free hardware here, because the first thing I do with a new Blu-Ray disk is ripping it to hard disk so I don't have to use a Blu-Ray player. :-(

MakeMKV -> HandBrake -> Plex is my process. What do you use?

:)

joe

joe (aka FlyingDiver)
my plugins: http://forums.indigodomo.com/viewforum.php?f=177

Posted on
Mon Mar 28, 2016 4:56 pm
Perry The Cynic offline

FlyingDiver wrote:
Perry The Cynic wrote:

MakeMKV -> HandBrake -> Plex is my process. What do you use?

MakeMKV -> HandBrake -> iTunes -> AppleTV or whatever i-Device I've got with me. Pretty much the same idea.

Cheers
-- perry

Posted on
Mon Mar 28, 2016 6:03 pm
FlyingDiver offline

Perry The Cynic wrote:
MakeMKV -> HandBrake -> iTunes -> AppleTV or whatever i-Device I've got with me. Pretty much the same idea.

I used to put everything in iTunes like you do, but since I have multiple streamer boxes that don't work with iTunes, I switched. I use a Tablo OTA DVR now, and it has clients for Roku, Android TV, Fire TV, but not AppleTV (yet).

joe (aka FlyingDiver)
my plugins: http://forums.indigodomo.com/viewforum.php?f=177

Posted on
Mon Jun 13, 2016 1:41 pm
blysik offline

Does this plugin work with the Denon Heos line of products?

Posted on
Mon Jun 13, 2016 5:41 pm
Perry The Cynic offline

blysik wrote:
Does this plugin work with the Denon Heos line of products?

Heh:
http://denon.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1919/related/1
HEOS systems will be compatible with major IP Control manufacturers. We'll have more info to come in the near future.

So... no idea...

Cheers
-- perry

Posted on
Thu Jul 28, 2016 11:47 am
blysik offline

Looks like the Denon Heos has its own, different, API:

http://www2.aerne.com/Public/dok-sw.nsf/0c6187bc750a16fcc1256e3c005a9740/9193bea412104506c1257dbd00298c78/$FILE/HEOS_CLI_ProtocolSpecification-Verion-1.3.pdf

Essentially it listens on a port, and excepts commands in a uri style, (heos://).

Posted on
Thu Dec 15, 2016 11:58 am
blysik offline

I started a new thread on the possibility of a Denon Heos plugin, and posted links to some existing libraries I've found on GitHub.

viewtopic.php?f=119&t=17531

Posted on
Fri Feb 10, 2017 4:56 am
Woetjes offline

First of all, thanks for this great plugin, it's awesome.
I do have a small issue with the plugin. When I power up my receiver (AVR-X2300W), the "state" changes from "standby" to "powerup" but once the receiver is completely powered up, the state doesn't change to "on".

Sometimes it does change to "on" but most if the time it's stuck to "powerup". If I reload the plugin, the state changes to "on".
Anything I can do to have this status corrected? I have some triggers based on the state of the receiver...

Edit - debug:
Cynical Denon Living: Denon - Versterker is now standby
Cynical Denon Living: Denon - Versterker is now powerup

Thanks!

Page 10 of 16 1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 ... 16