Cynical SecuritySpy: Integrate SecuritySpy with Indigo

Posted on
Sun May 26, 2013 9:19 am
Perry The Cynic offline

Re: Cynical SecuritySpy: Integrate SecuritySpy with Indigo

Getting an error when trying to add a motion as a trigger with beta 8.

Version 1.4.2. Give it a spin.

Cheers
-- perry

Posted on
Sun May 26, 2013 9:41 am
Korey offline

Perry The Cynic wrote:

Version 1.4.2. Give it a spin.

All fixed up, Thanks! 8)

--
Korey

Posted on
Thu Jan 07, 2016 9:22 am
JGTracy offline

I'm just trying to start having Indigo work with SecuritySpy. I have a 1 camera version of SecuritySpy. All I intend to do is make the camera active or inactive based on sunrise/sunset times. However I get no cameras (or anything else) in the device list.
Indigo: 6.1.4
SecuritySpy: 3.4.1
Cynical plugin: 1.6.4
Mac OS 10.11.2
FWIW: I had another plugin stop working after the latest Mac OS update.

Posted on
Tue Jun 21, 2016 6:33 am
jalves offline

I see there is a new version of Security Spy now available. Version 4.0 is the latest. Anybody tried it yet? Any issues with this plugin?

Running Indigo 2023.2 on a 24" iMac M1), OS X 14.4
Jeff

Posted on
Tue Jun 21, 2016 12:21 pm
Perry The Cynic offline

jalves wrote:
I see there is a new version of Security Spy now available. Version 4.0 is the latest. Anybody tried it yet? Any issues with this plugin?

I've played around with it; it seems a useful modernization of the app. Read the caveats before upgrading; they've removed mpeg-4 encoding and a few other features.

Cynical SecuritySpy version 2.0 (released yesterday) should support it; previous versions will only partially work, so upgrade. And let me know how it goes; I've only spent a few hours with it so far.

Cheers
-- perry

Posted on
Tue Jun 21, 2016 12:58 pm
Colorado4Wheeler offline

Another thing to note that the plugin uses is the Active/Passive is no longer there in lieu of giving more granular control over motion sensing and microphones. I'm on the fence about upgrading at the moment because I rely on those states.

My Modest Contributions to Indigo:

HomeKit Bridge | Device Extensions | Security Manager | LCD Creator | Room-O-Matic | Smart Dimmer | Scene Toggle | Powermiser | Homebridge Buddy

Check Them Out Here

Posted on
Tue Jun 21, 2016 1:10 pm
Perry The Cynic offline

Colorado4Wheeler wrote:
Another thing to note that the plugin uses is the Active/Passive is no longer there in lieu of giving more granular control over motion sensing and microphones. I'm on the fence about upgrading at the moment because I rely on those states.

The active/passive state is very much still there; it's just now called "Motion Capture" state. The UI has changed, but not the underlying functionality, and Cynical SecuritySpy version 4 just maps it (nothing changes in the plug-in).

Its my understanding that if you have a working setup with SecuritySpy 3 and Cynical SecuritySpy and upgrade to SS 4, then (if it still supports your cameras) it should work exactly as before. Of course, I've got about two hours of experience on that, right now.

Having said that, I totally understand sitting on the fence for a while. SecuritySpy 3 will work (and be supported) just fine. I hope.

Cheers
-- perry

Posted on
Tue Jun 21, 2016 3:00 pm
roquej offline

As Perry said, the upgrade has a much needed UI update. Also like the ability to select armed or disarmed for individual activities (continuous, motion, and action). However, the most important reason to upgrade is less CPU load . My system, 8 IP cameras using H.264, went from an average-35-40% load to 9-10% with v4.0.

Hope the plugin will support those arming and disarming actions shortly :-)

JP

Posted on
Wed Jun 22, 2016 11:45 am
eme jota ce offline

Hi,

A couple of the camera images stopped loading from Security Spy to the Indigo pages. Previously they had worked.

When checking the Indigo log, it is now filled with error messages from those cameras that say "http://10.0.1.198:8000/++image?cameraNum=14 size too large: received 382278 / max 358400" and "http://10.0.1.198:8000/++image?cameraNum=3 load error: HTTP Error 404: O"

Any suggestions? Maybe reduce the cameras' image settings? I'm just not sure why this error wasn't a problem in the last several months, but is, now.

thanks..
MJC

Posted on
Thu Jun 23, 2016 2:26 am
PeteVis offline

@roquej : don't be fooled by the reported CPU load in activity viewer, SS4 now offloads it's video processing to a process called VTDecoderXPCService, you need to add this CPU load to the CPU load reported by the SecuritySpy process. What might appear as a dramatic decrease of CPU usage is actually more or less the same as with the previous version. I do think that the new process is a better way going forward (previously all video was handled by the quicktime library).

@eme jota ce : you can request the exact width and height of the image you want to request like so :
http://10.0.1.198:8000/++image?cameraNu ... quality=50
It's best not to go any higher in size than you absolutely need. This way you can tune your bandwidth usage.

Posted on
Thu Jun 23, 2016 2:26 am
PeteVis offline

double post
Last edited by PeteVis on Thu Jun 23, 2016 2:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

Posted on
Thu Jun 23, 2016 6:47 am
roquej offline

@PeteVis - thank you for the feedback, but I think is a bit different. If you let the cameras do the encryption, which is the recommended approach, then the VTDecoderXPCService uses zero resources. At least that is the scenario in my installation. Again, with the same configuration, and accounting for any resources used by the VTDecoderXPCService, the CPU load in my mac-mini, using v4, went down 25-30%.

JP

Posted on
Thu Jun 23, 2016 6:54 am
roquej offline

Sorry, meant compression not encryption.

JP

Posted on
Thu Jun 23, 2016 7:39 am
Dewster35 offline

Upgraded to 4.0 without any issues.

Posted on
Thu Jun 23, 2016 12:23 pm
eme jota ce offline

PeteVis wrote:

@eme jota ce : you can request the exact width and height of the image you want to request like so :
http://10.0.1.198:8000/++image?cameraNu ... quality=50
It's best not to go any higher in size than you absolutely need. This way you can tune your bandwidth usage.

Thank You! That worked very well.

I also upgraded to SecuritySpy V4, today. No problems in the way that it interacts with Indigo on my system, which uses images from 10+ cameras of various makes/models in Control pages.

Page 6 of 8 1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8