PTC Security Spy Plugin Unavailable Intermittently

Posted on
Thu Sep 21, 2023 10:29 am
makedrinklas offline

PTC Security Spy Plugin Unavailable Intermittently

Hi!

So I have the Security Spy plugin working at times and then after a while it does not. I configure and it works, walk away and then it stops at some point in time. Select cameras linked in security spy have full administrator access without any encryption. (127.0.0.1 8000) Not ALL cameras, but definitely the ones needed for the Indigo user. It worked. Then it stops working.

By "general settings" (that does not exist) does that mean I have to open Security Spy up completely with Administrator access to every camera? (Over http?). Making that user an Administrator seems risky. (why even have an alternate user?) But it works when I do. Not even my iPhone remote user ID has administrator privileges.

I turned on Admin Priv and the plugin recognizes the server. I then turned off Admin Priv for all cameras making sure the cameras needed in Indigo had all custom boxes checked. It is still working after being disabled and then enabled... but not for long. It wants administrator access to every camera., custom for just what's in Indigo is not good enough apparently.

Thoughts? Should I just not use this plugin because of the privacy/security risk? What if PTC gets hacked? I don't even have WAN viewing enabled.

Page 1 of 1