Calendar issue

Posted on
Sun Nov 20, 2016 7:37 pm
MKuchnic offline

Calendar issue

I originally tried to use this in my normal calendar, but the plug-in kept failing so I've created calendar a separate calendar (Holidays) and use them to control items when I'm not heading off to work. I use the note field in the event to have the plug-in toggle a variable. The trigger which if it detects the word Holiday in the note field it toggles a variable (true/false).

When the event in the Holiday calendar has the word in the note field everything works fine. (se here)
2016-11-20 00:00:01.962 Cynical Calendars dispatching start event Test Event #4
2016-11-20 00:00:02.016 Cynical Calendars Vacation - Holiday checking match for Test Event #4
2016-11-20 00:00:02.665 Trigger Vacation - Holiday

However it is also looking at events in other calendars which cause the plug-in to fail. This event was in my Family calendar and it had a blank note field.
2016-11-20 19:00:00.438 Cynical Calendars dispatching start event Group meditation
2016-11-20 19:00:00.457 Cynical Calendars Vacation - Holiday checking match for Group meditation
2016-11-20 19:00:00.822 Cynical Calendars Error in runConcurrentThread: Traceback (most recent call last):
File ".../Server Plugin/cyin/debugging.py", line 46, in diagnostic_log
yield
File ".../Server Plugin/cyin/debugging.py", line 56, in diagnose_call
return method(*args, **kwargs)
File ".../Server Plugin/cyin/asynplugin.py", line 52, in runConcurrentThread
self.run()
File ".../Server Plugin/asyn/inject.py", line 49, in run
asyn.Controller.run(self)
File ".../Server Plugin/asyn/controller.py", line 95, in run
self._dispatch()
File ".../Server Plugin/asyn/controller.py", line 226, in _dispatch
top.callout(Ctx('TIMER', sched=top, control=self, when=top.when, now=now))
File ".../Server Plugin/asyn/core.py", line 140, in callout
results = [cb(ctx, *args) for cb in list(self._callbacks)] # latch callback list
File ".../Server Plugin/ical/proc.py", line 206, in _timer_event
self._drain()
File ".../Server Plugin/ical/proc.py", line 223, in _drain
self.callout('event', moment)
File ".../Server Plugin/asyn/core.py", line 140, in callout
results = [cb(ctx, *args) for cb in list(self._callbacks)] # latch callback list
File "plugin.py", line 160, in _calev
CalEvent.trigger(data)
File ".../Server Plugin/cyin/iom.py", line 630, in trigger
for event in cls.all_matching(*args, **kwargs):
File ".../Server Plugin/cyin/iom.py", line 624, in all_matching
if event.matches(*args, **kwargs):
File "plugin.py", line 64, in matches
if not self.match(moment):
File "plugin.py", line 44, in match
if self.notes and not self.notes.search(ev.notes):
TypeError: expected string or buffer

2016-11-20 19:00:00.858 Cynical Calendars Error plugin runConcurrentThread function returned or failed (will attempt again in 10 seconds)
2016-11-20 19:00:13.474 Cynical Calendars plugin starting asyn operation

Posted on
Tue Nov 22, 2016 9:37 am
MKuchnic offline

Re: Calendar issue

Little bit of follow-up from the first post.
I'm running on an iMac with MacOS v10.7.5
I have since the first post upgraded to Indigo v7 from v6
While the calendar plug-in executes the all day event from the appropriate calendar, it would fail (with the error dump) if there was an event from another calendar an no note. The good news is that the latest updated plug-in would resume and process the end of the all day event from the appropriate calendar.
It looks like the bug relates to not finding a note and that causes the plug-in to fail, even if the event is in a different calendar. Should it first check to see if the event is in the right calendar, and then process the check for the note and if it matches, process if it doesn't match if doesn't process(blank should not cause a failure).

I'm doing more testing and I'll update as I go along.
Thanks
Mark

Posted on
Wed Dec 28, 2016 8:30 pm
MKuchnic offline

Further follow-up
Based upon additional testing, it looks to be an issue when the plug-in evaluates a null string (no text in either the note or other field) As long as there is some text in the specified location it works without crashing.

With the recompile to support Apache 2.0, it looks like the problem has been fixed. I've been testing with several different kinds of appointments and it seems to be working fine so far. I do have a few additional test to run yet.

Posted on
Sat Jan 21, 2017 2:00 pm
MKuchnic offline

I've done further testing and it looks like it doesn't like the null values in the fields. Also it fails even though the event is in a different calendar, for example, I've selected the Holiday Calendar, but it fails when it evaluates the event in the Family Calendar and finds the Location field empty.

Hopefully this helps.

Mark

Page 1 of 1