Problem with New Release of Security Spy and Cynic

Posted on
Fri Oct 28, 2016 7:28 am
captcurrent offline

Problem with New Release of Security Spy and Cynic

I recently upgraded one of my two installations to Security Spy 4.0.8 running it on MacOS Sierra. It took me a whole but I finally notice that I take a camera action relative to Motion Detection, Cynic crashed and becomes unavailable. When I go back to SS 3 No problem.. I can chnage camera between active and passive all day and the plug in stays up I am thinking that it has to do with the change on SS camera status form Active and Passive to the C M A

I am now playing with the snippet of python code from and earlier post to auto reload the plugin Have others seen this?

Posted on
Sat Oct 29, 2016 7:39 am
PeteVis offline

Re: Problem with New Release of Security Spy and Cynic

I'm using SecuritySpy 4.0.8 and it has been very solid for me. I'm not using Sierra though, so maybe that is a factor.

I also never switch active or passive states, my cameras are active and recording 24/7, so no help there either...

Posted on
Sat Oct 29, 2016 7:53 am
captcurrent offline

Re: Problem with New Release of Security Spy and Cynic

Thanls for the info. The active/passive change appears to be what crashes tsh plug-in. If I go bak to the Older version of Security Spy no problem. It might be an interaction between the two. Using the script does keep the plug in in use though

Page 1 of 1