PTZ Presents result in error message

Posted on
Sun Oct 09, 2016 5:15 pm
AlaskaDave offline

PTZ Presents result in error message

I've got everything working having installed a new camera and upgrading Security Spy but PTZ Presents when using the plug-in for Indigo. I have created the presents in SecuritySpy SS (or should I say inside my camera software) and were recognized in SS. I can trigger the presets in SS either through the iOS application or desktop client but not using the Indigo plug-in. When I create a trigger and test it the resulting error reads:

Trigger Move Camera Test
Cynical SecuritySpy Error in ptz_preset: Traceback (most recent call last):
File ".../Server Plugin/cyin/debugging.py", line 46, in diagnostic_log
yield
File ".../Server Plugin/cyin/debugging.py", line 56, in diagnose_call
return method(*args, **kwargs)
File "plugin.py", line 235, in ptz_preset
command += 100
TypeError: cannot concatenate 'str' and 'int' objects

Thanks for any assistance one can give.

Posted on
Mon Oct 10, 2016 4:11 pm
AlaskaDave offline

Re: PTZ Presents result in error message

There are several setting in the camera's software for PTZ preferences/settings. I will get a screen shot and provide. Loving the camera (Hikvison DS-2DE3304W-DE) but would really like to get PTZ working from within Indigo Security Spy plug-in.

Posted on
Mon Oct 10, 2016 11:03 pm
AlaskaDave offline

Protocol Type includes Hikvision, Pelco-P, and Pelco-D
Flow Control includes: Non, Software, and Hardware

Posted on
Thu Oct 20, 2016 11:35 am
AlaskaDave offline

I was so hoping to hear something by now. Guess I will continue to look for updates to either the Indigo plug-in or Security Spy to address the error. As it is now many of the functions I used SS and Indigo for no longer work. Being able to move the camera according to motion detection by a specific detector was very nice as well as taking photos at specific times. Will keep my fingers crossed.

Posted on
Mon Oct 24, 2016 8:36 pm
Perry The Cynic offline

It looks like you're the first one who ever tried to use the Save option of the PTZ Preset command. There is a simple, straight-forward bug in that code. Did that particular operation (PTZ Preset with "save current position") ever work for you before?

Anyway, next version of Cynical SecuritySpy should fix that problem - give it a few days. Unfortunately I don't have a PTZ Preset-capable camera; that's how this bug stayed out of sight so long.

What else are you having trouble with?

Cheers
-- perry

Posted on
Mon Oct 24, 2016 9:04 pm
AlaskaDave offline

I find moving my cameras to their presets to be VERY handy when having PTZ cameras and Insteon motion sensors. I have several motion sensors around my house but only two exterior cameras so like to swing the cameras to where the action is. This has been very handy with wildlife traveling about our yard as well as the mischievous. It's also nice to take photos of landscaping at certain time of the day while being able to position the cameras back to their "home" state.

Trigger: Insteon Command Received, Motion: Back Door, Received: On-Group 1 (motion detection)
Condition: If variable houseMode is equal to away
Action: Trigger recording, Position Preset (Camera and Preset #3), growl notification

I'll keep my eye's peeled for updates to the plug-in and let you know if they solve things. Other than that everything with the plug-in seems to be doing well.

Thank you!

Posted on
Mon Oct 24, 2016 9:44 pm
Perry The Cynic offline

The bug you found is triggered by the Save: checkbox in the action dialog. If you turn that off (it may have been accidentally enabled), you shouldn't hit that bug anymore even now.

The save checkbox says "save the current camera position as that preset"; it doesn't sound like you actually intended that. If the action got messed up somehow, you can also just recreate it (without checking the checkbox); that too should resolve the issue for you.

Cheers
-- perry

Posted on
Mon Oct 24, 2016 10:16 pm
AlaskaDave offline

That was it! Thank you. Wasn't sure exactly what the "save" checkbox was for and never revisited it. That solved it.

Page 1 of 1