New Plugin: Cynical Behaviors

Posted on
Wed Apr 06, 2016 8:41 am
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

Re: New Plugin: Cynical Behaviors

Perry The Cynic wrote:
It also needs to keep tabs on the devices and tell you when they stop reporting in regularly. How would I do that for regular sensor devices? Does Indigo now update the last-changed date for all device radio heartbeats, or was that specific to the INSTEON leak sensor device?

I think so. At least I know that whenever a Z-Wave sleeping node wakes up Indigo should be updating the last-changed timestamp.

Posted on
Wed Apr 06, 2016 6:22 pm
Perry The Cynic offline

matt (support) wrote:
Perry The Cynic wrote:
It also needs to keep tabs on the devices and tell you when they stop reporting in regularly. How would I do that for regular sensor devices? Does Indigo now update the last-changed date for all device radio heartbeats, or was that specific to the INSTEON leak sensor device?

I think so. At least I know that whenever a Z-Wave sleeping node wakes up Indigo should be updating the last-changed timestamp.

Great. What is the minimum SDK version associated with this (reliable) behavior?

Cheers
-- perry

Posted on
Wed Apr 06, 2016 6:35 pm
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

It has been in a while, I think since API v1.7.

Posted on
Wed Apr 20, 2016 10:36 pm
dnomode offline

Hello Perry,

I'm getting the following error after setting up and trying to use the garage door option.

Any ideas what I should do?
Edmond
Code: Select all
Apr 20, 2016 9:28:13 PM
  Cynical Behaviors Error         in standard_switch: Traceback (most recent call last):
  File ".../Server Plugin/cyin/debugging.py", line 46, in diagnostic_log
    yield
  File ".../Server Plugin/cyin/debugging.py", line 56, in diagnose_call
    return method(*args, **kwargs)
TypeError: standard_switch() takes exactly 2 arguments (3 given)

Apr 20, 2016 9:28:34 PM
  Cynical Behaviors Error         in standard_switch: Traceback (most recent call last):
  File ".../Server Plugin/cyin/debugging.py", line 46, in diagnostic_log
    yield
  File ".../Server Plugin/cyin/debugging.py", line 56, in diagnose_call
    return method(*args, **kwargs)
TypeError: standard_switch() takes exactly 2 arguments (3 given)

Posted on
Thu Apr 21, 2016 9:06 am
Perry The Cynic offline

dnomode wrote:
Hello Perry,

I'm getting the following error after setting up and trying to use the garage door option. [...]

What exactly are you doing when this happens? On the face of it, this error can't happen in the code I sent out. (Don't you love it when the impossible happens anyway? :-))

Cheers
-- perry

Posted on
Sun Apr 24, 2016 9:04 am
dnomode offline

What exactly are you doing when this happens? On the face of it, this error can't happen in the code I sent out. (Don't you love it when the impossible happens anyway? :-))

Lol… It happens every time I push the power button next to the device in the indigo touch app. Please see picture below.

What do you think?

Edmond

Posted on
Sun Apr 24, 2016 1:54 pm
Perry The Cynic offline

dnomode wrote:

Lol… It happens every time I push the power button next to the device in the indigo touch app. Please see picture below.

What do you think?

Edmond

I think that pressing that button actually toggles the device (instead of telling it to turn on or turn off, like in most places). And there was a bug in my toggle code.

Fixed, version 0.9.5.

Thanks for reporting
-- perry

Posted on
Sun Apr 24, 2016 2:20 pm
dnomode offline

Right on. Thx

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Posted on
Fri Jul 15, 2016 11:47 pm
mabrown offline

After setting up some KPL button device controls I'm seeing this in the log anytime something should update button status.

module version does not support directly setting keypad button states (use PowerLinc scenes instead)

How do I fix that?

Thanks!

Posted on
Sat Jul 16, 2016 10:53 am
Perry The Cynic offline

mabrown wrote:
After setting up some KPL button device controls I'm seeing this in the log anytime something should update button status.

module version does not support directly setting keypad button states (use PowerLinc scenes instead)

How do I fix that?

Thanks!

I think this means that your KPL's firmware version is too old; Indigo can't tell it to turn button lights on and off. I don't know if there's a way to upgrade them.

("Use PowerLinc scenes instead" means that if you make the button part of a PowerLinc scene, then you can make that scene turn the button lights on and off. But that's the kind of indirect trickery my plugin is meant to make unnecessary; and for that you need the ability to directly set the button lights.)

You may want to ask on the hardware forum for the KPL about your options.

Cheers
-- perry

Posted on
Mon Jul 18, 2016 10:24 am
mabrown offline

Perry The Cynic wrote:
mabrown wrote:

How do I fix that?

Thanks!

I think this means that your KPL's firmware version is too old; Indigo can't tell it to turn button lights on and off. I don't know if there's a way to upgrade them.

("Use PowerLinc scenes instead" means that if you make the button part of a PowerLinc scene, then you can make that scene turn the button lights on and off. But that's the kind of indirect trickery my plugin is meant to make unnecessary; and for that you need the ability to directly set the button lights.)

You may want to ask on the hardware forum for the KPL about your options.

Cheers
-- perry

Thanks, I'm pretty sure they can't be upgraded but I'll go ask if there's some way to do it.

Posted on
Tue Oct 18, 2016 9:01 pm
george99 offline

Hi Perry,
Any why its not working for me. I have the latest version installed.
I have 11 Insteon leak detectors. I have individual triggers that work when one of the detectors is on.
However, with your plugin, I created a new Leak Watch device and then set a trigger for when the state becomes "wet". I tried "on", and "true" too. But nothing works.
It never activates the trigger when any of the insteon detectors are turned on.
I tried restarting plugin, etc. But no luck.

Posted on
Tue Oct 18, 2016 10:11 pm
Perry The Cynic offline

george99 wrote:
Hi Perry,
Any why its not working for me. I have the latest version installed.
I have 11 Insteon leak detectors. I have individual triggers that work when one of the detectors is on.
However, with your plugin, I created a new Leak Watch device and then set a trigger for when the state becomes "wet". I tried "on", and "true" too. But nothing works.
It never activates the trigger when any of the insteon detectors are turned on.
I tried restarting plugin, etc. But no luck.

The value of the Active Leaks state is a string listing all the leak sensors that are currently wet. If all sensors are dry, it will be the empty string. So set your trigger to fire when Active Leaks becomes not equal to the empty string. (Or just trigger on Any Change, which will fire whenever any of your sensors changes its wetness state.)

For demonstration purposes, just watch the value of the Active Leaks property as you trigger and clear your sensors. That will give you an idea of how this works. It is described in rather detailed detail on the Cynical Behaviors help page: http://www.cynic.org/indigo/plugins/online/behaviors.html#leakwatch.

Cheers
-- perry

Posted on
Wed Oct 19, 2016 11:06 am
george99 offline

Hi, thanks for the reply, however, that didn't work either. I set it to "any change" and still nothing.
The only thing that happens in the activity log is me turning on/off the sensor status.

I created a "Leak Watch" device.
I created a trigger that monitors any change to to the "Leak Watch" device.
Absolutely nothing.

Please help.

Posted on
Wed Oct 19, 2016 11:20 am
george99 offline

I'm starting to think it might be my computer. I tried using the pushover plugin a few days ago, and similar behavior. Completely doesn't do anything.
I use securityspy on this same computer, but it monitors 24 cameras, and it is a huge resource hog. It uses about 70% of the CPU at all times. Wonder if that is causing issues. I did turn off security spy just to test and still nothing, but I am still starting to think it might be computer related. Maybe some setting somewhere.